Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Different cables and interfaces, why?  (Read 3114 times)
nodna

« on: May 06, 2015, 01:46:46 PM »

Hello,

I want to buy a cable. I want to use ISO9141-2/ISO14230-X/KWP1281/KWP2000/CAN as protocols.

Why are there so many different cables (separate cables for flashing, diagnosis and carmaker)?
Aren't the pins connected the same way?

Does the cable authenticate in a specific way with the software, can't I "man in the middle" the connection and simulate that interface?

I don't know what to buy and what it should cost.  Huh

PS: I currently have a K409 cable. What means KKL? Can I use it with Galetto 1260?

Thank you
tjwasiak

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 05:25:16 PM »

Hello,

I want to buy a cable. I want to use ISO9141-2/ISO14230-X/KWP1281/KWP2000/CAN as protocols.

Why are there so many different cables (separate cables for flashing, diagnosis and carmaker)?
Aren't the pins connected the same way?
Unfortunately different standard requires different pin configuration. There are interfaces ("cables") which include multiplexer to set pin connections "on the fly" but they usually work only with software written especially for them.

Does the cable authenticate in a specific way with the software, can't I "man in the middle" the connection and simulate that interface?
Some of them do have additional chips to activate software for example. Probably you can simulate some of them but it is not easy to do so.

PS: I currently have a K409 cable. What means KKL? Can I use it with Galetto 1260?
If you will do some changes in Galletto binary you should be able to use this cable.
AFAIR it is documented on nefmoto.
KKL means 2 K lines & L line.
nodna

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 03:58:40 AM »

Thank you Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: