Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: HELP!!!!!!!! 3 bricked ECU's what am I doing wrong????????  (Read 51353 times)
ddillenger

« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2015, 11:43:17 PM »

So just to be sure, change from the values on the left to those on the right?

This is correct.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
mister t

« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2015, 10:01:45 PM »

Perfect, thanks much

I also had a little helping package arrive today  Grin

I ordered myself a

-VAG-ECU tool dongle,  
-Galletto V54, VAG
-VAG-TACHO USB 5.0
10 x Audi ID 48 Glass transponder chip
10 x for VW TP23 ID 48 transponder chip

So here's hoping I can now do everything I need right through the OBD port.

By the looks of it, I should be able to plug in the new ECU, set the immo to OFF via the OBD2 port and off to the races

PS: if anyone needs to buy a transponder chip, let me know. I wanted them as a back-up in case I needed to make some new keys. Problem is I needed to order them in batches of 10.

I'm sure I can offer a price that would ne better than the $100-300 that the dealer wants for the key fob that comes attached to the new transponder :p
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 10:07:26 PM by mister t » Logged
k0mpresd

« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2015, 10:06:38 PM »

yay, china.
ddillenger

« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2015, 10:15:21 PM »

yay, china.

PFFT

Between the two of us we have subsidized the shit out of the chinese economy.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
mister t

« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2015, 10:42:06 PM »

Yessir  Grin

It's crazy what you can just order up nowadays. Hell, I even got the stuff shipped to my door from Hong Kong in 3 days and $50 shipping.

Lol, what's holding up progress are the ECU's I ordered over 2 weeks ago from the States.

k0mpresd

« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2015, 11:06:41 PM »

PFFT

Between the two of us we have subsidized the shit out of the chinese economy.

me and you both have also paid a large stack of C notes to a few select brit's and european's as well.
mister t

« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2015, 10:13:32 PM »

Well, I finally got ECU's delivered and both are now happy in their new home  Grin Grin Grin

k0mpressed and ddillenger: I can see why the two of you have subsidised half the Chinese economy though.

The EEPROM reading tool that I got didn't really work worth a damn. First, it only reads the 95040 EEPROM, not the 800BB flash EEPROM memory as the site's engrish description led me to believe. Second, it only seems to read/write when it wants to and when it does, it buggers up the flash half the time. I played around with the COM port baud rates and it seemed to help some, but I couldn't seem to get a clean write. Good thing Argdub's 90540 came to the rescue. From there, Tony's flashing software is doing the rest.

So hats off to all those on this site who have taken the time to make software that works, you guys rock!!!  Grin

adam-

« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2015, 01:05:12 AM »

Yay! Smiley Well done man!
Calde315

« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2016, 11:29:57 AM »

Hate to revive an old and very colorful thread, but looking to get a couple things done on my B6 A4. I've read this thread (twice) and the immo thread by ddillenger amongst a few others over the years, but those two most recent. My end goal is something most of you probably could do in about 2 minutes flat, but it'll take some learning for me, which is why I'm posting. I want to get a spare ECU for my 1.8 and basically clone mine leaving the immo on as it shouldn't affect anything. I know Argdub's thread should have more info on that. I also, if I can get my hands on one would like to get a second hand stage 1+ tuned ECU and use it in my car, as I have all the supporting hardware already. But from my research, I'll need to turn the immo off, otherwise the tune will wipe itself, when I marry it with my car.

First things first, the KISS way was quoted here for bench testing, which I have no doubt I can do correctly.

1. Everything connected, power switch on the +12V wire coming to bench harness in off position
2. Ground pin24 to ecu board edge
3. Flick power switch on
4. Keep pin24 grounded for a second or two
5. Remove pin24 ground wire
6. Get boot-mode

From here, I think argdubs thread about 95040 EEPROM programmer (http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1168.0title= should steer me in the direction I need to go to get the info out and write back to it with the help of a hex editor (which I have used before to get my SKC using vag commander).

I'm looking for confirmation that my rough path of thinking is in line with what you people would do in this scenario. If not, please let me know what I should be searching/looking up instead.
technic

« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2016, 02:07:19 PM »

I've popped the top of an FPGA with a single bit error. It literally exploded.

Heh... Me too.. Was it a Xilinx?
adam-

« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2016, 04:46:23 AM »

second hand stage 1+ tuned ECU and use it in my car
Where are you going to get this from?

But from my research, I'll need to turn the immo off, otherwise the tune will wipe itself, when I marry it with my car.
No you don't.  You never have to turn the immo off unless you're swapping the block into a motor without the right cluster combo.  The only reason the immo will kick in is if the flash file doesn't match the 95040, which means you're flashing random files on the ECU which also isn't good.

If you want to duplicate them, use ArgDubs tool to read the 95040 from your current ECU; NefFlasher to read the chip and then flash the chip and 95040 in bootmode onto your new ECU.

Tune your current ECU, keep the new one as a spare.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: