Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Finally going Meth  (Read 11574 times)
FlyboyS4

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2016, 07:04:15 PM »

Did not know this.  I knew it increased the octane slightly, but did not realise it was that much, nor did I realise that that is how much more the power curve can increase by; 20% is a lot!  Will look into it.  At this stage though, the car is fast enough for a daily driver and I see no real gain (other than spending nearly £500) on a setup. 

The effective octane when adding WMI will depend on what you start with.
atdub

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2016, 09:03:54 AM »

So ive slapped on my ghetto wmi kit that ive mentioned in the Op lastnight. it was very late so i couldnt really take logs because being the only car on the road lastnight, I didnt want to be wide open passing an officer with my laptop glaring off my face lol but I can say my butt dyno feels really good.

I have a few bugs i need worked out and I hope to get some input from you guy while im at work.

The main 1 is after having everything setup, I now have a rough idle and I keep getting random misfires codes(no good). The 1st thing that came to mind was I need to perform a TBA since it now has the TB spacer to mount the nozzle. so I did that several times (manually) but still rough idle and misfires. The second thing im starting to question is I now have 2 tees running from my fpr(boost gauge and pressure switch 4wmi) and my cars not liking that. I guess it'll be trial and error when i get off but any input would be great

Thanks guys

« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 09:39:27 AM by atdub » Logged
atdub

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2016, 12:09:14 PM »

***Just and update I performed another TBA after work manually and the idle seems fine..now Im going to dial in the switch and take logs with and without my pos wmi kit if anyone cares Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 12:11:11 PM by atdub » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: