Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hello! from Adirondacks, NY  (Read 3205 times)
ADKWrench

« on: August 01, 2014, 03:56:48 PM »

Let me start off by saying thank you. Awesome site, love the open source.
There is a serious amount of brain power on this forum if you choose to read and "listen"

I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction..i'll catch the least guff posting it here:P

My reading started when I bought my '98 A4 1.8TQ awhile back and drifted towards this site naturally. Pre facelift AEB non DBW car with an am29f400bb eprom. I've read a lot about how its a 512Kb chip and it can be flashed but not read, or it couldn't be flashed at all, or only certain types of flashing. None of these subjects i'm real sure on.

I bought what I thought was the right kkl (232 chipped) cable at the time, but playing around inside I could never get it to connect to nefmoto software. After taking the cable apart I realized it wasn't a 232 chip but a CH340 chip. and supposedly is the wrong chip and will not work. I tried using vcds lite with a few customers cars with the cable (2002 cabrio and a 2001 passat 1.8t) neither car would connect to vcds  with my cable.

So..imagine my surprise when VCDS Lite works flawlessly on my car with my $7 ch340 kkl cable..maybe this chip works better for the older style pcm?

I still can't get the cable to connect to nefmoto..the button to connect init and the bar above it are greyed out no matter what..
 Should I just cut the crap and do the ME7 conversion?
 Should I be using a different cable?

HELP..i want more fast
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 04:00:29 PM by ADKWrench » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 04:03:28 PM »

Get a proper ftdi cable.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: