Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question About Tuning / Flashing  (Read 3650 times)
envisionmore

« on: June 13, 2011, 01:14:52 AM »

Hello all, if this is a stupid question please refrain from putting your flame suits on as I am new to the S4 community coming from the 1.8T community. I have searched constantly, but could not get a direct answer to my questions. I have seen some of the tunes uploaded here for community use and ease of access, but a lot of them seem to be running GIAC X flashed ECUs.  Is it possible to just take one of these compiled tunes and flash it to the ECU from the OBDII port inside the car, or do I have to take out the ECU and bench flash it? If it is able to be flashed from the OBDII port, do I need a chipped ECU in order to do so? Thank you in advance!
carlossus

Leon Curpa Stg1+

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 05:32:34 AM »

The purpose of the NefMoto software is to enable Read / Write of a factory standard ECU via the ODB2 port. Discussion of GIAC etc. tunes are due to people reading them out via other means because most commercial tunes have blocked OBD2 read functionality.

The origin of the BIN file doesn't affect NefMoto's ability to flash it to the ECU so it's important that the file is compatible with the target ECU and it's checksums are correct.

Take a look at the WIKI http://nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki for lots of lovely words.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: