Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Possible to revert APR flashed ECU back to stock?  (Read 4686 times)
elRey

« on: June 15, 2011, 08:41:45 AM »

I thought I read somewhere that APR (and other tuners) modifiy more than just the flash,  maybe the IMMO chip as well? And that makes it difficult to flash any other tunes onto the ECU or keep from running a copied APR tune on another ECU.

So, can I boot mode flash the stock ori (or custom tune) back onto the APR (flashed not soldered) ECU?
And likewise, can I boot mode read the APR file and flash back to SAME ECU in case the ori doesn't take? Note, I'm specifically asking about keeping the APR tune with the ECU it came with.

In situations where APR stage3 owner is going bigger injectors and wants to be able to revert back if needed without sourcing a spare ECU.

Thanks,
Rey
kls

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 01:58:26 PM »

Your best bet is to dump the eeprom before touching the flash. That way if something does happen when you flash a stock file in and it doesn't work you can restore the flash and eeprom. If the tuner "marks" anything in the eeprom or the stock flash messes the eeprom up you can full restore the ecu. If the person also buys a second stock ecu then copy the eeprom from that one so you can have a 100% stock baseline to work with if needed.
RaraK

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 08:24:40 PM »

virgin eeproms out there, think i posted one too.

When i flash ecu's with immo defeat i just use the same eeprom, but yea a backup would be handy if you want to go back to apr code, otherwise just dump a virgin eeprom on and bootmode a stock bin in.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: