Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37
Author Topic: The 5120 hack - Running up to 5bar absolute pressure on ME7.x  (Read 298178 times)
prj

« Reply #180 on: February 11, 2013, 12:24:30 PM »

Yes and no. The problem with running a properly scaled MAF is that 99% of the time you are off the end of pretty much every single load axis.

Not that running an underscaled MAF actually fixes this (you're in the table, but just in the wrong row)...

You just rescale the axis, job done.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #181 on: February 11, 2013, 12:33:17 PM »

You just rescale the axis, job done.

But you gotta squash all the existing stuff down to fewer rows....

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
julex

« Reply #182 on: February 11, 2013, 01:44:24 PM »

Regardless if you rescale with unscaled MAF or leave alone and run underscaled MAF you lose resolution in load axis, no?

Unless you find a way to introduce more load points, the more load your engine generates, with fixed amount of load points, the more spacing the load points will require to cover full range.
prj

« Reply #183 on: February 11, 2013, 03:11:21 PM »

Don't forget that Motronic interpolates between all those points.
You just need to distribute the points so that they cover most of the non-linear ranges.

Log your car properly.
jibberjive

« Reply #184 on: February 11, 2013, 07:55:46 PM »

Isn't this the whole benefit of switching to 16bit axis maps, so you essentially double your resolution (or rather don't have to halve the resolution if you were to double the range or whatever)?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #185 on: February 11, 2013, 07:57:24 PM »

Just sayin, you can't just change the axis data. You have to completely redo the whole map.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #186 on: February 12, 2013, 07:39:17 AM »

Just sayin, you can't just change the axis data. You have to completely redo the whole map.

You have been given excel for that. I can change axes on a map within a few seconds and have excel automatically move the values around for me.
If you are doing it by hand you are just being silly.

Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #187 on: February 12, 2013, 10:40:43 AM »

obviously it can be done by software. how else do you think i generate my csvs Tongue And i definitely dont use excel..

ECUx Plot

julex

« Reply #188 on: February 14, 2013, 01:54:50 PM »

I run 5120 hack for a day or two until my clutch took a dump (another engine pull under way) so I can't comment extensively but I believe I observed rather abrupt momentary SA transition when transitioning from positive boost to very light vacuum or 0psi (still tons of load on engine).

This manifested itself with abrupt jerk of car and AFRs on my gauge shooting up for split second. The normal operation would resume immediately but it is definitely noticeable

We must have missed some map/axis.

I might have logs but if not, I won't be able to log for another week, or so, until new clutch goes in. BTW I smoked 400-500 miles new twin disc clutch with zer olaunches on it and two not lift shifts. The night kevlar disc sheared all the pads off I was simply doing an U e-brake turn and dumped the clutch from about 4k rpms while on snow/ice. The disc basically sheared the pads off. What a POS.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 01:57:56 PM by julex » Logged
phila_dot

« Reply #189 on: February 15, 2013, 06:28:28 AM »

I say this after every one of your posts like this, but I can't believe the terrible luck you've had.  And it hasn't been from any cut corners, as you've pretty much bought the most expensive hardware out (twin-disc, 3.0 liter, etc).  Your S4 is cursed.  What are you replacing it with, carbon discs?  And what does SA stand for?

SA is overrun fuel cut, some German word abbreviated.
julex

« Reply #190 on: February 15, 2013, 06:51:24 AM »

Yeah, I use "SA" abbreviation to sound cool  Cool. Taken from overrun maps/variables/etc designators.

I don't believe my "luck" myself, I can pull the engine without thinking now and I don't even bag bolts anymore, I just throw them into a tray all together and can positively identify each one and where it is going Cheesy. I took the engine out more times by now than I removed wheel on this car or changed oil during the time frame I own it.

CM gave me an offer to purchase new FX850 for cool $2000 which I might bite considering they retail north of 2500. Since I do have almost new sintered bronze discs for FX700, I will just pawn it off as a unit to somebody who doesn't mind harsh clutch.

Other option is one of the one disc extreme models from CM with sachs plate... cheaper but would it hold?

Still on the fence.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 06:55:40 AM by julex » Logged
s5fourdoor

« Reply #191 on: February 18, 2013, 01:11:13 PM »

Here is my updated XDF which includes all of these definitions.
Has NLS/ALS explicit, ARMD explicit, and updates from the Ignition Dwell discussions.

Does anyone have an XDF with a cleaned up Mono Lambda Support category?
I want to add that to this XDF.  Please attach just that section, if possible.

julex

« Reply #192 on: February 18, 2013, 01:41:41 PM »

Here is my updated XDF which includes all of these definitions.
Has NLS/ALS explicit, ARMD explicit, and updates from the Ignition Dwell discussions.

Does anyone have an XDF with a cleaned up Mono Lambda Support category?
I want to add that to this XDF.  Please attach just that section, if possible.

I am lazy Smiley, so quick question: Is this the original list for 5120 or any extras in there from you personally?
s5fourdoor

« Reply #193 on: February 18, 2013, 02:36:08 PM »

This is the big XDF i've been maintaining myself, merged with the 5120 30-kb XDF from page 13 of this thread.  I made no changes to what was submitted.  Any problems that were since found with that XDF are definitely not reflected in what I just uploaded.
julex

« Reply #194 on: February 20, 2013, 07:18:34 AM »

I don't really have time between work and car giving me issues (just replaced clutch and have coolant leak somewhere), but quick peaceful ride today showed that there is something wrong with mbar scaling of new sensor.

Basically ambient pressure doesn't match up to measured one when car is off/idling, off my almost 100mbar which with improper scaling would result in more mbar discrepancy as pressures go up.

Pressures match up to 1-2mbar pre-5120 changes.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:45:51 AM by julex » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37
  Print  

Jump to: