Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: KFZW question  (Read 9800 times)
krazydbiker

« on: March 07, 2013, 04:20:33 PM »

i seem to be having a brainfart this is a volvo me7 file, this is something that should be simple, but i am confused by the results, i'm pretty sure i'm in the right place for my ignition timing it just seems the values are way different then measured timing

if anyone has any idea's please let me know

check this out, unless i have some of my factors wrong?

edit: pictures are large, put them as attachments, any extra info i can probably provide, and if anyone wants these files let me know, not many people tuning volvo's though

im confused on the high load portions, all KFZW maps are the same except one value on kfzw1

why would my car be requesting 30 degrees of timing under high load, thats stock values
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 04:58:41 PM by krazydbiker » Logged
sn00k

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 05:12:16 PM »

well, you have it backwards.. fix your x/y axis and you will notice you have 16 rpm columns and 12 load.. meaning everything looks like it should and your timing dont go higher then 14 deg at full load and higherst rpm.

i dont know if that first row (0) should be in there tho.. perhaps you left out the last row, and can shift things 1 row down? also the first column(0) looks a bit strange.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 05:15:21 PM by sn00k » Logged
krazydbiker

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 05:28:10 PM »

wow.... is all i have to say, my brain is fried after today, whats odd is check this out, column zero across all 4 maps is very strange i thought i was a byte off, but if i am, it does not like the axis and automatically chooses the position i have now.

i'm going to see if i can figure out that first column now

and thanks for the reply

edit: i cannot seem to get it to fit another way, this car has some odd timing, it does idle at about 3, and anytime off throttle it runs negative timing

i have been trying to compare to other me7, but the only ones the local people have here are older
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 05:34:11 PM by krazydbiker » Logged
krazydbiker

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 06:14:06 PM »

well sorry for wasting time, seems volvo must know something i dont, i found 3 comparable model maps, and they are all the same with the really odd ignition timing at first, thanks for the help

now that thats all squared away i need to figure out where i am running into the torque limit Undecided
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 07:16:11 PM by krazydbiker » Logged
IamwhoIam

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 04:10:00 AM »

Maybe you shouldn't look at maps in 2D but rather in text mode?

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
IamwhoIam

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 04:24:03 AM »

Sorry, can you post your file?

Aurélien

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 05:07:46 AM »

Definately post your file.
krazydbiker

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 06:48:18 AM »

sure thing

2004 volvo s60r

very odd file, look at KFMIOP i think at 148AC if you would like
Aurélien

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 05:55:21 PM »

KFZW1 start's at 115C9 and so on.

Find the load axis, you will see that 30° is not at full load.

KFMIRL and KFMIOP are both strange when you are used to vag, sure. But this is the same shit as ford ! ( Same engine but ME9 ! ) Grin
krazydbiker

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 01:05:16 PM »

thanks for taking a look, i think got it figured out?, for some reason i was having an idiot moment, which fords? i work for ford, i know the new ones are using some sort of bosch setup, but the engines are junk :-P

edit : are you sure about 115c9? when i put that in as my starting table for winols, it shows some ignition timing values that definitely dont corrispond to real world values, 115c8 is giving me the almost exact timing at WOT that the table is showing, just as a test
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 01:15:44 PM by krazydbiker » Logged
Aurélien

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 05:04:16 PM »

2.5T in focus rs/st ( europe only )

KFZW1->4 attached
krazydbiker

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 05:35:44 PM »

i did a couple runs today, mine is definitely one byte different there i think? i'm not sure, to late to do more testing

edit : makes sense now... i'm just a little confused on why the program doesn't like that location

and thanks for clearing that up

reason it was following my ignition curve is because my load wasn't going high enough to reach that end, but when i did i saw an ignition timing drop of like 10 degrees

i really need to figure out a better logging solution for this, even factory software is poor in datalogging
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 05:45:33 PM by krazydbiker » Logged
IamwhoIam

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 06:24:29 AM »

i did a couple runs today, mine is definitely one byte different there i think? i'm not sure, to late to do more testing

edit : makes sense now... i'm just a little confused on why the program doesn't like that location

and thanks for clearing that up

reason it was following my ignition curve is because my load wasn't going high enough to reach that end, but when i did i saw an ignition timing drop of like 10 degrees

i really need to figure out a better logging solution for this, even factory software is poor in datalogging

What factory software do you use that's poor in datalogging then?

krazydbiker

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 08:57:05 AM »

volvo vida, its datalogging is extremely limited, i can datalog almost the same stuff with a generic OBD2 scanner, vida cant record while my matco scanner can

you cant even measure boost pressure desired, only useful things are

boost pressure
ignition angle - only shows cylinder 1 ignition angle
BPS temp- intake temps post intercooler

i'm working on some other factory software, i finally got it to connect, but now i need to find out address's in ram for logging, which is where my knowledge is dull.
Aurélien

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 10:26:50 AM »

what software is this ?

I'm looking for a software than can log custom ram adress in CAN.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: