Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LDRXN and relation to boost. s4 ko3  (Read 3837 times)
adeyspec

« on: March 08, 2013, 01:33:35 PM »

right so this might be a simple question to some but to me i cant get my head around it. if using ldrxn for wot boost why does the boost spike then settle even if its not written into it.

im trying to set mine to run 17 spike tapering down to 14-15ish. it over shoots to nearly 20 then 17 tapering down to 14/15? is this normal behavior for little turbos as in the ecu cant keep up with keeping it in line? i will looking into tapering up the values over some more revs and see if that helps. just takes me a while with having to bench the ecu everytime i need to make a change. As always cheers for the help guys
krazydbiker

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 01:50:20 PM »

mine had the same problem, i had to play with the boost PIDS to get it under control, it was requesting a 95% duty cycle initially before it would correct it causing mine to spike pretty bad

you should log it and see if your having the same issue i was

i think the s4 tuning wiki has a write up on tweaking them
IamwhoIam

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 01:55:01 PM »

So how many times have you tweaked your file so far? Can you post some logs?

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
adeyspec

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 01:01:04 AM »

im actually tweaking 2 files as i go, one in each ecu. i will do some logging today and see how i get on, seems to be common in nearly all maps ive seen running though. and logging even with vag com in my car gets tricky, the dash likes to disconect and throw a wobbly. might try running a kline from the ecu to the obd port
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 04:00:53 AM by adeyspec » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: