Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Audi allroad 4.2 6mt swap  (Read 5687 times)
thisoneguy

« on: April 09, 2013, 03:20:25 PM »

My tipper is going... I have seen limp mode more times than I care to. I am going to have to do some trani work... and I would really like to put a manual in - have found the parts and the garage to do it... I am now at a standstill on the electrial side, as the 4.2 never came with a manual. I have spoken with a couple people that have done swaps in A8s and S4s - Similar - but not the same.... and some that just did some work arounds like leaving the tcu plugged in...

What I am looking for is a full on working solution - I have a lead to a person in Seattle that - it is said - would know what was going on and what would need to do, as he was the one that got the s4s working with ABS and Traction control all set... But I have yet to be able to get in touch with him.

Any information or leads would help a great deal - I just found this site today, and until now - I was under the impression that ross-tech was the only way to work with ecu - I am going to be reading and learn much in a short time... but I am saddend that I don't see many (any) mentions of the 4.2 allroad.

Looking forward to your sugesstions!

TIA!

prj

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 08:38:41 AM »

I can do it.
PM me.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
mounty

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 12:28:03 AM »

I know this an old thread...   but did this ever get sorted out? I have a friend who is waiting on a solution for his manual swap and get rid of the hanging rpm. And to get the cruise and abs working again.
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 12:29:34 AM »

I have done a few. My email is in my sig.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
mounty

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 07:30:27 AM »

I will be emailing you here shortly..   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: