Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TT 1.8T AJQ  (Read 387 times)
Quen0tt0in

« on: January 18, 2024, 02:32:17 AM »

Hi everyone

I'm very new into tunning and modifying engines, and I wanted to remap my 1.8t AJQ engine on my audi tt.
The thing is that all the professionals I've called told me that was a bad idea or they can't do it anymore.
Any idea why?

So I decided to do it all by myself (over a long period of time cause I know there's a lot of things to learn before starting this kind of project)
Do you guys have any advices of where should I start my journey?

Thanks

(Sorry if my English is bad I'm a French guy you know)
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2024, 03:14:50 AM »

Hi everyone

I'm very new into tunning and modifying engines, and I wanted to remap my 1.8t AJQ engine on my audi tt.
The thing is that all the professionals I've called told me that was a bad idea or they can't do it anymore.
Any idea why?

So I decided to do it all by myself (over a long period of time cause I know there's a lot of things to learn before starting this kind of project)
Do you guys have any advices of where should I start my journey?

Thanks

(Sorry if my English is bad I'm a French guy you know)

Older cars tend to have mechanical issues and a lot of variables that can cause issues during a tune. For example a failing fuel pump, a vacuum system in disrepair, boost leaks etc. From a shops perspective it's more cost effective to focus on newer cars. Normally the clientele has more money and the cars are newer so they are normally in better mechanical condition and do not require any extra work.
Your best bet would be to read the faq section and read the s4 wiki, it gives a general synopsis on me7 and whats involved regarding tools and software needed. Although its not directly related you can look at some of the community tune threads and that should help you with what you will need to touch to make a proper stage tune for your car.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Quen0tt0in

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2024, 03:30:43 AM »

Thanks,

I allready did some things on it by my self like the injectors, the turbo outlet, and some fuel lines that were not in a good shape.
(also lowered it and delete the rear muffler and put a inox tube in place).

I want to remap it beacause the last owner had a "e85 tune" but not very sure about that, the car is faster for sure (tested against other car with the same hp as the original tune and i was quite ahead of them). The big thing is that when i floor it she some times doesnt run well, its like she has some fuel cut or something.
aef

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2024, 04:12:37 AM »

start with logging the car using a vcds v1 cable or kkl cable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olAYz0JCHgA

use google to search the forum with "site:nefariousmotorsports.com kkl"

use the beginning of this manual to configure your vcds v1
ship the nefmoto flasher part
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6537.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: