Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Simos18 - Fuel tuning solutions for E85  (Read 2044 times)
redchibrator

« on: October 27, 2021, 11:38:13 AM »

Hey there,
I have some problems on Simos18.1 on a Golf 7 R with the VCV. I'm runing E85 and the car is totally stock. Normally it goes perfectly fine but with that espacially, I have the VCV valve that goes to 100% around 6000rpm, so I cut everything (boost pressure, HPHP and LPFP) for a few milliseconds then it runs back again until it reaches 100% again and cut again etc... I understand that it should explain that my HPFP is to the max/stroke,  so I tryed to add some Rail pressure but it was worst, then I had some PWM to the LPFP but it doesn't totally fix the problem, it cuts randomly, it's at the limits. I don't know if someone met the same problems and found a solution? I can still add a Loba upgrade kit, but I managed to do some great stock cars runing E85 + stage 1 without this issue, so I guess there is a trick somewhere Smiley
Thanks for reading!
CarHood

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 08:22:26 PM »

Hey there,
I have some problems on Simos18.1 on a Golf 7 R with the VCV. I'm runing E85 and the car is totally stock. Normally it goes perfectly fine but with that espacially, I have the VCV valve that goes to 100% around 6000rpm, so I cut everything (boost pressure, HPHP and LPFP) for a few milliseconds then it runs back again until it reaches 100% again and cut again etc... I understand that it should explain that my HPFP is to the max/stroke,  so I tryed to add some Rail pressure but it was worst, then I had some PWM to the LPFP but it doesn't totally fix the problem, it cuts randomly, it's at the limits. I don't know if someone met the same problems and found a solution? I can still add a Loba upgrade kit, but I managed to do some great stock cars runing E85 + stage 1 without this issue, so I guess there is a trick somewhere Smiley
Thanks for reading!

Run less boost? lol.  Like you mentioned you are the HPFP limit.  Lowering rail pressure would help HPFP some, but that will increase injector pw, which you are surely getting close to maxing out as well.  Really you should upgrade the HPFP, and increase rail pressure if needed at high rpm if you come up against max injector pw window issue.  and hope the LPFP can keep up.  92 seems to the max duty that most run on stock LPFP.
redchibrator

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 12:13:43 AM »

Thanks for replying Smiley Haha yeah running less boost I also tryed it OK but it's too sad to do so, other simos18 can handle this boost pressure/lambda setpoint with stock LPFP/HPFP without any problems!
If will upgrade the HPFP but I want to understand what makes the injection cut before (I mean in the software because I understand it mechanically) : Sometimes I saw that after an upgraded HPHP kit, some tuners don't change the pump characteristic in the file (like VHDP..), but the ECU will allow to add more rail pressure without injection cuts! I would have thought that the ECU will need the new characteric because in this case how does it know it's upgraded? Does it exist somewhere a variable that states "above this threshold I cut, and below it everything is OK"? I've tryed to log some new stuff but I don't find what is the variable in question here. I had VCV position/LPFP-HPFP governors/LPFP-HPFP setpoints and actual/lambda deviation but none of them seem to be the reason of the cuts. Sorry for these questions but I would like to understand it perfectly, I don't want to tell myself "I change it because it's not okay" :p Thanks !
aef

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 12:20:00 AM »

read the FR?
redchibrator

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 01:12:07 AM »

Lol, thanks for helping. I read the FR, that's all my study of the last week, thing is I want to understand the problem now, and I didn't find what's the variable that makes the injection cuts randomly (the goal is not to come here and ask without searching before). But if you are really good in FR comprehension I'll be really greatful to have a little help to find the solution, what do you propose? Can you come with an idea?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: