Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: part throttle initial overboost and EXTREMELY lean  (Read 22416 times)
oldcarguy85

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2013, 03:18:59 PM »

so i have a suspicion this might be the problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYUDpAOmDT4&feature=youtu.be

It's the only logical thing i can think of at this point.  A person in another forum was saying his car had erratic boost but ran exactly 5psi with n75 disconnected.  I do get some burning oil smell sometimes which i assume is the turbo seals going, so i guess it's time to replace or upgrade .... damn!  Do you think this problem could be repairs?  I guess i could use some copper washers or something idk...
userpike

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2013, 08:43:43 PM »

It's the only logical thing i can think of at this point.  A person in another forum was saying his car had erratic boost but ran exactly 5psi with n75 disconnected.  I do get some burning oil smell sometimes which i assume is the turbo seals going, so i guess it's time to replace or upgrade .... damn!  Do you think this problem could be repairs?  I guess i could use some copper washers or something idk...

What are your fuel trims looking like?

Sea Foam the engine via vacuum hose or straight into the intake. The smoke out the exhuast will show any leaks in the system including through the WG arm bushing. or you could unbolt the actuator shaft and cop a feel to see if the arm slides in and out.

a tell tale sign of the oil seals failing is oil consumption, oil in the charge air piping/intercooler and white or gray smoke out the exhaust.

if your problem mirrors whats in the vid, just replace the turbo.

littco

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2013, 02:43:58 AM »

If the waste gate was loose like that, then I'd expect you to more than likely make no boost than over boost! As in the ones I've seen the loose waste gate causes the flap not to sit over the opening and bleed the gas..

I'd possibly suggest flashing a stock map back on the car and seeing if the same issue occurs.. If it does then it's definitely hard ware related..
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: