Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 45
Author Topic: MED9.1 Tuning/FAQ/Help Thread  (Read 313166 times)
RaraK

« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2011, 11:25:12 AM »

hell's yea! ill make trips to shows out your way Smiley  i built it to drive! no trailer queens for me.

majorahole

« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2012, 02:26:37 PM »

reviving this thread, kinda.
i was looking around a lot last year on tuning this ecu.
i don't have any tools yet besides vag-com. is there anyway to flash via mpps clone? or do i need to bdm flash first, then i can mpps?
also, is there any way to calculate check sums without winols? i only have the demo version and was planning on using tuner pro to edit, but winols to locate maps.

and finally what all do i need to change to have a "big company" stg1/2 type tune?
nothing crazy, just a little more power.
my car is totally stock right now, and ive been wanting to flash it for a while, just wasn't sure on what exactly to get to do what i want.

also, im still under warranty. will this show up at the dealership?

thanks
Jack_Snows

« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2012, 06:51:50 PM »

Start playing with the helpful info provided by RaraK69 on page 2. He knows his stuff when it comes to the Motronic ECUs.

Most clones work. Avoid stuff made in china, just speaking from experience.

I have an original MPPS I'd be willing to sell if you're interested and the price is right.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 06:55:18 PM by Jack_Snows » Logged
technic

« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2012, 07:49:07 AM »

If you flash using MPPS it will show at the dealership as a mismatch between expected flash counter value and your actual value.
If you use BDM you will get around that, but a close look at the ECU will reveal that it has been opened anyway.

Yes, stay away from the china clones. I prefer original tools Smiley
RaraK

« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2012, 09:56:13 AM »

best you can do is open ecu carefully, and re install the girdle around ecu and install new 1 time use bolts into it, they wont even question it if you have the girdle on there.  BDM will not show a increase in flash counter.

the maps i posted are what you need, well not all of them, but they are there.

you also need to checksum with winols or something, you can always post file's in checksum request forum, myself or other forum member can help you with that.

mpps clone bricks the ecu on write as far as i know/heard from others.  who knows if the current v12 clones will though.  I know they work with original software, whereas the clones use a modified version of the software, which "may" be why it bricks on write.  MPPS messes up the checksum.
Tifon

« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2012, 12:22:23 PM »

I use a mpps clone, one of the first, with an alumnium case which says: S-MPS super chiptuning tool.
Until now it works well, i flashed it about 3 times, but now with your comments i'm afraid i brick my ecu.
RaraK

« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2012, 02:09:10 PM »

I use a mpps clone, one of the first, with an alumnium case which says: S-MPS super chiptuning tool.
Until now it works well, i flashed it about 3 times, but now with your comments i'm afraid i brick my ecu.

I tried using clone(black obd plug cable) v8.  Bricked ecu 4 different times
I verified checksum before with winols once, CMD flash/bdm once, mpps own checksum once, all failed.  BDM fixed no issue.  But it totally trashed the bootblock and everything, BDM didnt even recognize what it was had to tell it what it was manually.
thom337

« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2012, 09:14:37 AM »

I have been using this for over a year, with the software it came with....no issues with probably 30+ flashes.  Still have BDM as a backup though.  Wink
Tifon

« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2012, 12:11:50 PM »

I have been using this for over a year, with the software it came with....no issues with probably 30+ flashes.  Still have BDM as a backup though.  Wink

Good to know!, as i want to make some changes  Wink
Jack_Snows

« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2012, 05:33:54 PM »

anything new with the subcribers to this thread?

what are you guys getting me for valentine's day?

Kiss
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2012, 12:50:19 AM »

I have been swamped between work and another project.  Sad
RaraK

« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2012, 10:37:20 AM »

Shit nothing new here, been slammed with everything else in the world.  I am going to make some changes to my file in the upcoming weeks i think once the weather breaks.  I am going to shoot for some higher power with stock HPFP, i dont have fueling issues now in the higher RPM's, so lets see what i can do.
martymonaro

« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2012, 04:00:34 AM »

Hi, I have asked this question in its own thread but the closest I got to a answer was "Eas1 one to find! " but no actual assistance in helping me find it.
I am trying to raise the deisred load/Boost on attached file. It doesnt seem to matter how much I raise the desired load and load limiters(that I have found) the desired load will not go above 185 and desired boost above 2240. I am assuming there is a limiter I am missing and hoping someone here can help me find it.
I have attached original tune and one I am playing with to show what maps I have changed and some log files. I can attach my winols map pack but I did not label maps using abbreviations used commonly here, instead labelled them what they did to make it easier for me, hence why I did not post names of maps modified.

Thanks for any assistance in advance..
RaraK

« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2012, 08:58:36 AM »

Marty, can you email or upload your map pack, i do not feel like defining all of the maps on this ecu, or take a screenshot with what you changed.  If you send it i will upload any changes i may need to make on it.

RaraK

« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2012, 09:11:38 AM »

Nevermind, this i a golf R, i got def's
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: