Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 45
Author Topic: MED9.1 Tuning/FAQ/Help Thread  (Read 313181 times)
thom337

« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2012, 03:09:52 PM »

Well.... I sold the GLI and picked up another A4...b7 2.0TFSI 6MT  Grin

Back to audi's, had a short skit with VW again, and it wasnt me, i outgrew the brand i think at this point.  I enjoy my 2005.5 a4 MUCH MORE than i did the VW.

So......Whats to become of this audi?  Got file read out and going to start on it soon.  It has 55k so some maintenance first. 

Anyone else working on anything?

Nice...I have a 2007 B7 2.0t quattro 6MT. Whats your software version?
RaraK

« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2012, 12:01:11 PM »

B revision, so early, with the single maps.

got about 120 maps defined so far, 100 more to go Tongue
Jack_Snows

« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2012, 05:58:42 AM »

Well.... I sold the GLI and picked up another A4...b7 2.0TFSI 6MT  Grin

Back to audi's, had a short skit with VW again, and it wasnt me, i outgrew the brand i think at this point.  I enjoy my 2005.5 a4 MUCH MORE than i did the VW.

So......Whats to become of this audi?  Got file read out and going to start on it soon.  It has 55k so some maintenance first. 

Anyone else working on anything?

Going for more power. New motto is make or break. Lol

majorahole

« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2012, 10:50:23 AM »

thanks for the info, i havent been checkin in on this thread much, mostly been busy with life..boo!
so ive got the fever again. i think im gonna go with a BDM clone.
is there a write up on how to open up the ECU? i remember reading that you can break the board or something because its glued to the housing or something and a heat gun is necessary??
and info is greatly appreciated.

my plan is to kinda max out the stock hardware for now as far as turbo. maybe go bigger later on, but im not sure on what stock rods can handle.
RaraK

« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2012, 02:37:35 PM »

thanks for the info, i havent been checkin in on this thread much, mostly been busy with life..boo!
so ive got the fever again. i think im gonna go with a BDM clone.
is there a write up on how to open up the ECU? i remember reading that you can break the board or something because its glued to the housing or something and a heat gun is necessary??
and info is greatly appreciated.

my plan is to kinda max out the stock hardware for now as far as turbo. maybe go bigger later on, but im not sure on what stock rods can handle.

ecu is a bitch to open, its glued up, hot air works a little bit, but not all that much in the grand scheme.  If its really stubborn i will work it over with heat for a minute and try again.
majorahole

« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2012, 07:15:45 AM »

is there a danger of damaging it??
any recommendations on where to get a bdm??
technic

« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2012, 01:41:05 PM »

Sure it can be damaged, but I always do like this : Heat it up a bit, pry with two big screwdrivers in one end just enouth to put in a razorblade. Carefully cut the glue while prying. Take it nice and slow and you'll be fine.
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2012, 02:25:52 PM »

I've ripped a few open like a manimal and I haven't had any problems.  Your mileage may vary. 

Just don't jam a screwdriver through the glue and then pry the back off using the PCB as a fulcrum.  It's unlikely that the glue is strong enough to separate the PCB.
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2012, 01:53:31 PM »

Does anybody have any progress or updates to report?  I've been trying to wrap up some other projects so I haven't had much time to jump in, but I'm getting antsy about building a twin scroll setup, and want to learn MED9 on stock hardware before I move forward.

Has anybody had any luck with the MPPS V12's that are out there now?  The idea of using my BDM every time I need to flash is less than appealing.

One thing I have considered is trying to get one of my spare ECU's immo-off'd and then soldering a jtag header on the ECU to make it less of a pain.  But unfortunately my immo-off attempts have been fruitless Sad
thom337

« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2012, 02:56:19 PM »

Just clone your ecu onto one of the spares....then program w/ mpps via OBD to your heart's delight. You can copy the flash and NVM w/ BDM.
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2012, 03:27:18 PM »

Yeah, that is ultimately what I will end up doing.  I was just hoping there was a way to do this without cracking open the stock ECU.

My MPPS does not properly flash any of my ME7 boxes on the bench, so I am leery of doing anything in the car with it.  I've seen a few V12 replacement MCU's floating around, but there seems to be no good data out there as to whether or not it works properly with MED9.  I guess if it blows up the ECU I can always BDM recover it.
thom337

« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2012, 04:51:24 PM »

Are you using boot mode for the ME7's? You can only flash on the bench in boot mode or in non-boot mode if you disable/validate immo.
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2012, 05:29:18 PM »

The ME7 I was flashing doesn't have immo...  It would only flash about halfway and die.  I could boot mode bench flash it with Galletto, or bench flash with NefMoto just fine after that.  That's why I think there may be an issue with it.  But then again, it may work just fine.  Since my current ME9 bench harness obviously doesn't have a cluster on it paired to the ECU, I can't test it.  That's why I was looking to immo off the spare ECU.
RaraK

« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2012, 02:56:42 PM »

Jason send me your current working file i can immo off it for you to try, my techinque worked just fine for my test ecu and a friends.
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2012, 07:52:52 AM »

Email sent... Let me know if it doesn't go through - I have been making changes to my mail infrastructure.  Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: