Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18
Author Topic: TCU, TIP Chip, automatic transmission tuning, reading writing etc.  (Read 174400 times)
ddillenger

« Reply #165 on: August 26, 2015, 12:41:16 PM »

From ZF6HP the control unit is build in the transmission. I don´t know if the software is changeable within a reasonable amount of work and time.

You can write to the mechatronic. I think Magic does it now. Maybe Ian will chime in.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
n0ble

« Reply #166 on: August 26, 2015, 10:47:28 PM »

Would need to see it. Pics? Is that mechatronic?
Nor sure and no way of seeing the unit without taking a lot of the car apart. I will look up the part.

However thinking about it, i don't think it's going to be an easy job. You cannot flash anything over can/uds on this car. Can only do via built in ethernet or the bmw diag / most.
prj

« Reply #167 on: August 29, 2015, 08:01:54 AM »

From ZF6HP the control unit is build in the transmission. I don´t know if the software is changeable within a reasonable amount of work and time.

ZF6HP and up is OBD flash.
All BMW trans can be flashed using the factory tools if you can correct the checksum.
I'm not sure if ZF8HP boxes have an RSA check or not. The 6HP ones did not. Decode 0da, modify in OLS, correct checksum, re-encode 0da, flash with WINKFP.

The factory development toolset allows you to flash anything you like into any ECU. If the bootloader has RSA then it's more difficult though (needs to be patched first).
You can do a full or partial write always as well.

If you are going to be flashing stuff I recommend a BMW ICOM, as the D-CAN cables are flakey as hell.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 08:05:31 AM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Cloudforce

« Reply #168 on: August 29, 2015, 09:54:42 AM »

How do you know which ZSBN you need to choose to flash with WinKFP?

http://de.bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E60/Europe/530i-M54/feb2002/browse/automatic_transmission/

There is no list like at GS8***

n0ble

« Reply #169 on: August 29, 2015, 01:25:35 PM »

ZF6HP and up is OBD flash.
All BMW trans can be flashed using the factory tools if you can correct the checksum.
I'm not sure if ZF8HP boxes have an RSA check or not. The 6HP ones did not. Decode 0da, modify in OLS, correct checksum, re-encode 0da, flash with WINKFP.

The factory development toolset allows you to flash anything you like into any ECU. If the bootloader has RSA then it's more difficult though (needs to be patched first).
You can do a full or partial write always as well.

If you are going to be flashing stuff I recommend a BMW ICOM, as the D-CAN cables are flakey as hell.
You will not be using dcan on f series. Icom or enet.
Cloudforce

« Reply #170 on: August 31, 2015, 03:39:40 AM »

I am super capable at this moment. The only thing that is still out of my grasp are torque converter clutch diagnostic limits, but even that won't be long. I just need a car to emulate with a bad tc.

Anyone that wants to try some tip tuning, happy to shoot some files your way.

Are you able to confirm that there is a value/map for gear ratio or rear axle ratio?

I wonder if its within the TCU or if its broadcasted over the bus system by the ECU.
ddillenger

« Reply #171 on: August 31, 2015, 03:41:40 AM »

I have found no single value specifying gear ratio. I know in vehicles with Denso ecus and EGS, it is in the ecu.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Cloudforce

« Reply #172 on: August 31, 2015, 04:36:58 AM »

I found a constant value for rear axle ratio in Siemens MS43 (which i use), so i really wonder if its broadcasting it to the TCU. That would be so much easier to change then messing with the TCU.
overclockedpc

« Reply #173 on: August 31, 2015, 11:38:27 AM »

I'd just like to chime in and would say that I would be very onboard with a community project if we can get faster shifts out of the tiptronic.... these things shift slower than molasses.  Then again, anything shifts slow after you've driven a Ferrari 458 and you've experienced instant shifts lol.
Cloudforce

« Reply #174 on: August 31, 2015, 09:50:01 PM »

If I remember correctly, TCU sends the shift request to the ECU which then cuts ignition to reduce torque. If the demanded torque is reached, the TCU is shifting the gearbox.

One way to reduce shift-lag would be to increase ramp down and ramp up of the ignition advance before and after the shift. I can´t quantify how much improvement that would be, but having shift times in the range of 0.7s and 1.2s should have some decent improvement left.
Cloudforce

« Reply #175 on: September 07, 2015, 10:18:46 PM »

Is there any constant or map that could be used to rev-match at downshifts?
prj

« Reply #176 on: September 18, 2015, 06:41:07 AM »

You will not be using dcan on f series. Icom or enet.

ICOM is an interface, DCAN is also an interface.
ICOM does K, CAN, MOST and ENET.

You will not be able to use WinKFP to flash on F series though, you need E-sys for that. And with E-sys I don't know if someone was able to feed it modified files.

As for shift speeds. With a hydraulic torque converter based transmission the shifting speed is heavily affected by the valve body itself.
It's not like DSG where you can just increase the speed of the actuation of the clutches in software.

Any improvements you are going to have from just modifying the software will be fairly marginal. To drastically improve shift speed you will need to modify the valve body.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
n0ble

« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2015, 09:55:59 AM »

ICOM is an interface, DCAN is also an interface.
ICOM does K, CAN, MOST and ENET.

You will not be able to use WinKFP to flash on F series though, you need E-sys for that. And with E-sys I don't know if someone was able to feed it modified files.

As for shift speeds. With a hydraulic torque converter based transmission the shifting speed is heavily affected by the valve body itself.
It's not like DSG where you can just increase the speed of the actuation of the clutches in software.

Any improvements you are going to have from just modifying the software will be fairly marginal. To drastically improve shift speed you will need to modify the valve body.
Yes I'm fully aware of what ICOM is. Like i said you will not be using a DCAN interface on an F series.

And yes ICOM can do ENET and it will work. There is also a separate ENET interface that can be purchased, or you can make one yourself by patching an rj45 cable to the correct obd pins. Then plug the rj45 into your computer.
Hollywood

« Reply #178 on: September 28, 2015, 04:14:47 PM »

I would very much love someone to do some testing for me.

I have TIP 01 S4, 00 2.7t A6, 03 AVK A6, and 02 1.8t Jetta's for loaner cars, and a bunch of TCUs around if you need anything tested.
Cloudforce

« Reply #179 on: October 02, 2015, 02:07:40 AM »

I´ve had my last exam at Tuesday and i´m willing to get this going.

@ddillenger

How can we help you? I don´t think you´ll be willing to share an idb file or information from Bosch about the EGS?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: