Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Preferred method of increasing threshold for positive deviation detection  (Read 17450 times)
userpike

So I have the underboost sorted by setting LDRXN to something a bit more reasonable for such a laggy turbo. I'm still getting code P0234 (overboost), mainly when letting off after a run. Looks like the N249 being missing may be the issue here, but I need to eliminate it. I have FF'd KLDLUL (or what I believe to be 27F47, 8x1), and DLUL (1 byte), but still getting the code. Thoughts?

could you put a resistor in for the n249 to see if that is indeed where your DTCs are coming from? or just leave it plugged in without the vacuum lines attached.

Why do you need to eliminate the n249? I thought they were a good thing.

You couldn't just manipulate the diverter valve maps to open sooner or stay open longer or something? (I haven't messed with them personally so I don't really know)

maybe the turbo is so huge that it needs 2 diverter valves? jk

ldrxnzk?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 12:28:00 PM by userpike » Logged
ddillenger

The N249 has been coded out via ESKONF and TMDLDUV to disable plausibility diagnosis. That's not the issue, rather the problem is the boost spike that results from not having it to open the diverter.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
userpike

The N249 has been coded out via ESKONF and TMDLDUV to disable plausibility diagnosis. That's not the issue, rather the problem is the boost spike that results from not having it to open the diverter.

KFLDRQ0,1,2 maybe?

could you adjust the DV preload spring rate to open at the spike but stay closed for target boost?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 04:17:38 PM by userpike » Logged
Bische

Bische: I checked the map posted, my file has different values (Factor 5*x).

Also, is the axis right before it? Factor? I assume it's HPA (the axis) not U/Min like I've seen.

DLUL is deviation detection in general, not just for overboost like KFDLULS?

Mine is scaled for 5120, so mine is 10*x and those values are the stock ones. Axis before map.

I have not looked at the code as I have not had any problems with deviation after correcting this map, and my understanding is that it covers deviation in general -both positive and negative.

What exact code are you getting? I have a feeling you are poking in the wrong place..
ddillenger

Currently, P0234.

The axis is HPA, factor?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Bische

hPa, factor 20*x for 5120, 10*x stock scaling.

What turbo is on there? WG setup?
Bische

Here you go
ddillenger

Here you go

Thanks Bische, address is what I had, my axis was incorrect, but I suppose that's irrelevant. Even with KLDLUL FF"d I get P0234. I ended up modifying the LDR timers and it's yet to throw a code.

As for the turbo, it's a GT2871 with a .86AR hotside. Doesn't spool until 5k+.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

Even with KLDLUL FF"d I get P0234. I ended up modifying the LDR timers and it's yet to throw a code.

WHOA. Ok. I thought it was just me, but i had the same issue in me7.1 mbox... nothing worked until i messed with the timers.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
aysix

Thanks Bische, address is what I had, my axis was incorrect, but I suppose that's irrelevant. Even with KLDLUL FF"d I get P0234. I ended up modifying the LDR timers and it's yet to throw a code.

As for the turbo, it's a GT2871 with a .86AR hotside. Doesn't spool until 5k+.

GT3071. Not a silly GT2871.

Silly Rabbit 6 speed A6
Bische

Mismatch deluxe Cheesy

Never encountered overboost code on liftoff spike though, sounds strange actually.
nyet
Administrator

Mismatch deluxe Cheesy

Never encountered overboost code on liftoff spike though, sounds strange actually.

Well DLUL is only for underboost (positive deviation) anyway isn't it?

on the 2.7t the two paths are very very different at least..

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: