Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: ECUxPlot Calc data way off  (Read 25983 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 01:13:00 PM »

Unfortunately, all of those might be tricky, because they're part of the graphic package (jfreechart) which I didn't write.

I will try though.

Question: which is more important: those features, or a "batch" mode which opens up a set of presets?

I'm currently working on the "batch" thing, but if the other stuff is more important i can work on those instead.

BTW THANK YOU so much for testing and giving me feedback Smiley

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
julex

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 01:51:04 PM »

Batch is more important since one can limp around manually re-zooming the chart as needed.

Having ability to see multiple presets in their own tabs would be just awesome and would nullify any need for excel stuff.

Anyway, food for thought for later:

Mouse scroll wheel  zoom (just set up the property and done, no further code needed it would seem):

org.jfree.chart.ChartPanel (or org.jfree.chart.panel? they list both structures):

void    setMouseWheelEnabled(boolean flag)
    Enables or disables mouse wheel support for the panel.
    void    setMouseZoomable(boolean flag)
    A convenience method that switches on mouse-based zooming.
    void    setMouseZoomable(boolean flag, boolean fillRectangle)
    A convenience method that switches on mouse-based zooming.

Sample of panning, zooming and scrolling which I believe is included with JFreeChart, but that's a nice piece of code which might or might not be a quick port...:

http://www.koders.com/java/fidD9EBAC7EA9414FA80C9B16F620BA607556FC99DB.aspx

julex

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 07:02:32 AM »

small bug:

If you load the log file first and then switch presets, items in y-axis/y-axis2 don't get automatically checked off as per preset so you really have no idea what's enabled in the plot unless you carefully study the legend.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 10:28:22 AM »

Thanks for the bug report, i'll check it out.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
julex

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2012, 07:09:20 AM »

Cool, will give it  areal exercise tomorrow once I get new logs to revise.
julex

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 10:05:52 AM »

Works well!

Something I noticed though, which is not a big deal really but... It appears that you are detecting which log style (ecux vs me7l) you're loading based on headers and make some assumptions in how "TIME" column should be parsed. There are obviously differences in format between two loggers so I routinely edit me7l logs to use with excel stuff (still!) which requires no colons between S and ms part of time stamp. Now, I believe that previous versions of ecux logger  were capable of reading in such modified me7l log and still parse the time stamps properly while the new one is not? If I remove all the headers and only leave description one in log, it works since now it thinks it is ecux log. Maybe I am wrong about previous versions' capabilities though but I swear I loaded such logs few times in he past and stuff was visible once passed through filter.

I know my situation is special but just wanted to bring it to your attention Smiley
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 10:36:16 AM »

Julex: if in doubt email me the logs, and describe what you want Smiley

In general, though, I'd rather ONLY support unedited logs...

ECUx Plot

julex

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2012, 07:34:42 AM »

That's cool man. So far so good, I like the changes you've made. It has already made your software much more user friendly even though you wiped my custom presets with newest version  Wink
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2012, 10:12:11 AM »

Julex: thanks for testing.

I'll be adding the "load all" presets next, then a release.

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012, 05:46:27 PM »

ECUxPlot 0.9r4.0 released

http://nyet.org/cars/files/ECUxPlot-0.9r4.0-setup.exe
http://nyet.org/cars/ECUxPlot

Added support for "load all presets"

Thank you everybody for your support and feedback.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:20:03 AM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Timtheguru

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2012, 12:36:04 PM »

I'm just starting to get used to ECUxPlot, I can certainly help find bugs if I knew what I was doing. Is there a manual for it? I tried finding something, but just end up back at the download page. I've been using MarkP's spreadsheet method since Excel is like second nature to me, but this thing is awesome!

Is there a place I can download all of the standard presets that I see in the MarkP stuff? Sorry if this was covered before.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »

no, no manual Sad

i have been meaning to make the rest of the presets in the markp template but never got around to it.

ECUx Plot

setzi62

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2012, 02:14:41 PM »

no, no manual Sad

i have been meaning to make the rest of the presets in the markp template but never got around to it.

That would be really great to have more presets.
Probably some people have made already own presets which they would share.
Also profiles for more cars or some more information on the data I need to put in to get a profile
matching other cars than S4 would be very nice. Some data is clear, but for some things
like e.g. drivetrain loss I have no idea how to find out or if I can use just a ballpark number for it.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2012, 03:34:58 PM »

Some data is clear, but for some things
like e.g. drivetrain loss I have no idea how to find out or if I can use just a ballpark number for it.

DTL is pretty controversial; you have to make the same guess as you would if you were using a dyno to estimate CHP...

I don't think you'll find any canonical numbers for it...

ECUx Plot

azaiats

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2012, 06:54:46 PM »

Nyet: you software is really great. It reminds me my kart Mycron4, which I can log and plot a lot of things in kart racing... Keep the good work.
One question: based on my gear ratios and my wheel size, how can I calc my RPM_per_mph? In mycron software we only need to input gear ratio and inflated tires diammeter. I have no idea how to calc it to input on your software Smiley 

2003 1.8T AUQ @ 06A906032HP - k04/e05 20psi - 317cc @ 4.5fpr - K&N @ stock box - ceramic clutch - 18" tsw wheels @ yoko's 235/45/18 @ eibach lowered springs

deka's 870cc in on the way down... boost wait for me Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: