Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ECUx on a 1.8T, always seems to connect, and then stop 2-3 sec into the log?  (Read 11939 times)
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

I don't get why, it works perfectly fine on 2.7T's but on all 1.8T's that I've tried it on, ECUx will connect and start to log for 2-3 then just stop/freeze.

Anyone have suggestions?

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
elRey

no help, but I get a lot of that on my 2002 1.8T ECU also. last longer than 2-3 sec, more like 1min for me.
Gonzo

Any reason why you are using ECUx over ME7Logger?

Either way I would try logging less variables/slower.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

Any reason why you are using ECUx over ME7Logger?

Either way I would try logging less variables/slower.

I suppose because it's simple/familiar... also I don't have/know any variables for the 1.8T ECU... or will the ones from the S4 work?  If you have something for ME7L that will allow me to log 1.8T boxes (Wideband ECU's) would be much appreciated.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
phila_dot

I suppose because it's simple/familiar... also I don't have/know any variables for the 1.8T ECU... or will the ones from the S4 work?  If you have something for ME7L that will allow me to log 1.8T boxes (Wideband ECU's) would be much appreciated.

The variables will be the same.

Create the *.ecu file and go from there.
Gonzo

The variables will be the same.

Create the *.ecu file and go from there.
This.

Plus ME7L comes with basic config files with enough variables to get you started.
littco

Only way I found to get 1.8t to work properly with me7 logger without it crashing out is to run a pure Kline from the ecu either put a 3 way switch on the obd port and run that and normal Kline switching when logging to pure Kline.

Or make up a cable to connect your flash cable for me7 lOgger.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

Really?  That would suck for sure.

I am going to try ME7L next time I have access to a 1.8T... I will also try to reduce the number of things logged in ECUx and see if that helps.

I know for a fact that I've once logged a 225HP TT and it worked fine.  But with the two wideband 1.8T's I've tried so far both exhibit the same issue (at first I thought it was an issue with the first car).

littco

I'm sure there is a post on this, with instructions and diagrams in how to wire it in.

I have to admit I've always logged as much as I can so maybe that is the issue, but with the pure Kline it's always allowed me to logg as much as I wanted in one go.
prj

Only way I found to get 1.8t to work properly with me7 logger without it crashing out is to run a pure Kline from the ecu either put a 3 way switch on the obd port and run that and normal Kline switching when logging to pure Kline.

Try different settings. Try FAST-0x01, SLOW-0x11 and SLOW-0x00

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

^^I'll give that a try though thanks

I'm sure there is a post on this, with instructions and diagrams in how to wire it in.

I have to admit I've always logged as much as I can so maybe that is the issue, but with the pure Kline it's always allowed me to logg as much as I wanted in one go.

I don't want to modify other peoples cars like that, that's the problem Smiley

Gonzo

Or reduce the sample down to 15hz
Or pull the cluster fuse (but then you don't know how fast you are going).
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 01:12:52 PM by NOTORIOUS VR » Logged
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

^^ sorry about the edit... I hit modify instead of reply w/ quote.  This forum software is horrible.

Or reduce the sample down to 15hz
Or pull the cluster fuse (but then you don't know how fast you are going).

All good suggestions, thanks.

Anyone have an idea why we have this issue?  Conflicting data on the K-line?

littco

^^I'll give that a try though thanks

I don't want to modify other peoples cars like that, that's the problem Smiley

I totally agree, it was my car so didn't matter but it's a shame it doesn't work off the bat.
kenmac

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 07:39:47 PM »

Anyone have an idea why we have this issue?  Conflicting data on the K-line?

The cluster seems to put a lot of noise on the k-line.  Pull the fuse and the k-line is silent.  I almost always log this way as I don't really care about vehicle speed.  You usually have a good idea of your speed based on the gear and engine sound.

With cluster fuse in, I log at 10 hz max, and there must be less than 40 bytes per cycle.  With the fuse out, I log at 20 hz, and many many more variables.  It's almost limitless this way.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: