Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What files align with what definitions  (Read 3589 times)
vwaudiguy

« on: September 20, 2014, 06:07:48 PM »

Is it safe-ish to assume that if an ecu uses the same properties group (like in ECUx for example), then it will also use the same .xdf or .kp?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 06:26:50 PM »

Is it safe-ish to assume that if an ecu uses the same properties group (like in ECUx for example), then it will also use the same .xdf or .kp?

Not even a little safe.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
vwaudiguy

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 08:16:49 PM »

Not even a little safe.

Damn, I thought I was on to something  Tongue..Are there any rules/hints/or possibly a list someone can offer? I've just starting keeping track. Thanks for the response, D.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 08:24:15 PM »

If in doubt, no.

It is very rare for them to be identical.

Why does it matter, though? Cross flashing is generally fine.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: