Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why would someone do this?  (Read 7933 times)
ddillenger

« on: January 22, 2013, 11:44:23 AM »

The ecu was represented as being stage 2 tuned by VAST.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
mcgas001

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 11:47:29 AM »

Wow...

Saying that tho, I have seen this done in tunes before where the car has been running wastegate boost, or boost controller.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 11:50:07 AM »

Or WGDC only when running near (or past) the MAP sensor limit.

Anybody who thinks they can get the PID working to control boost at 22-23psi is lying.

IMO the problem here isn't that they maxed LDRXN, but rather they allow too much request too soon, which is an invitation to a pos deviation code.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
phila_dot

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 12:28:42 PM »

Vast logs that I've seen definitely have disabled positive deviation and mostly are MBC only.
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 12:44:38 PM »

I can upload the bin if you guys would like to see it. MBC is the only solution I could think of, and even then how can k03s possibly spool that fast? I can't even imagine the issues that would arise if you flashed this and ran an n75.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 01:08:42 PM »

I can upload the bin if you guys would like to see it.

dont bother.... it really isn't worth dissecting.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 01:10:17 PM »

lol-kinda figured as much.

That, and someone (new) would see VAST STAGE 2 and instantly write it to their ecu.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
littco

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 01:26:40 PM »

This is done when running boost soley controlled by tvldmx or kfldrl.

Its ideal when you need to control boost over the map limit.

Agreed too much load too early but then change the deviation limit and its not an issue.
littco

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 01:28:29 PM »

I can upload the bin if you guys would like to see it. MBC is the only solution I could think of, and even then how can k03s possibly spool that fast? I can't even imagine the issues that would arise if you flashed this and ran an n75.

No issue look at tvldmx and or kfldrl and I bet it'll be capped and not stock
julex

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 01:29:31 PM »

/shrugs... how is this different from people putting LDRXN way above they normally can reach anyway, just not maxing it out?

Real question is how is KFLDHBN? you want this map to be your limiter (under the map limit) not some global cap that would undesirably limit your timing in quick path torque limit when running full boost and then screw around with boost in slow path.

Will all out tune... you want no limiters whatsoever just ride your WGDC cap in KFLDRL.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 01:30:01 PM »

This is done when running boost soley controlled by tvldmx or kfldrl.

exactly

Agreed too much load too early but then change the deviation limit and its not an issue.

i prefer to leave that intact; it is a good way of detecting boost leaks and other problems...

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: