Pages: [1]
Author Topic: general question on eeproms  (Read 3945 times)
nobug

« on: March 03, 2015, 03:56:28 PM »

I have been reading about matching the VIN# and immo key that follows the SKC code in the ecu and cluster eeproms.
I have been searching and reading but haven't found an answer to my concerns.

If you alter these bin files would you not need to correct the checksums?
The reason I ask is I can not find any info on checksum correction for eeproms, I have tried ME7CHECK, but get "wrong file size" message.
I have tried ME7Check on different ecu files and it works properly
I have modded a file to turn the immo off and checking both versions of the file with the hex editor I get a different checksum.
Is this a concern for eeprom files?

I can match the keys after, that is not a problem.
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 04:53:24 PM »

I have been reading about matching the VIN# and immo key that follows the SKC code in the ecu and cluster eeproms.
I have been searching and reading but haven't found an answer to my concerns.

If you alter these bin files would you not need to correct the checksums?
The reason I ask is I can not find any info on checksum correction for eeproms, I have tried ME7CHECK, but get "wrong file size" message.
I have tried ME7Check on different ecu files and it works properly
I have modded a file to turn the immo off and checking both versions of the file with the hex editor I get a different checksum.
Is this a concern for eeprom files?

I can match the keys after, that is not a problem.

Yes, you must correct checksums. You should search for 94040sum on this site Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nobug

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 06:07:46 PM »

I have tried the EEPROMTOOL and the 95040SUM they both change the last half of a 1K file.
I am working with a 95P08 bin file.

Could I split the file in half and work with it and then just FF the last half when done?

ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 06:59:25 PM »

I have tried the EEPROMTOOL and the 95040SUM they both change the last half of a 1K file.
I am working with a 95P08 bin file.

Could I split the file in half and work with it and then just FF the last half when done?

You can split the file, checksum it, then just copy the changes into the original, or copy the entire first 512kb into it.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nobug

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 07:11:46 PM »

Thanks for the replies ddillenger
Appreciate your help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: