Pages: [1]
Author Topic: B7 Audi MED9.1 EEPROM read  (Read 4437 times)
MoparFreak69

« on: April 13, 2015, 09:12:58 AM »

So I have not had any luck extracting the EEPROM information from my ECU. I understand that the B7 cars can be a royal pain to pull it. A clone BDM 100 isn't working for me and a real one is not in the budget. I would really like to be able to extract the EEPROM and BIN from this car so I can play around with working on a stage 1 tune.
Some people have mentioned around the forums about using an MPPS cable, but I cannot find a definitive answer as to whether the clones actually work in the B7 or not.
I have heard mention of a BDM 192(?) that supposedly works better with the ECU. Any experienced persons willing to give me insite?
My end goal is to be able to read/flash over OBD like I can with my ME7.5 GTI, but if I have to remove the ECU each time it isn't that big of a deal.
I am not asking to be spoon fed here, I am just looking for information that I can read to determine what will actually work in my car, without bricking another ECU. Any links/posts/blogs/threads that can direct me to where I am trying to be? I am fairly confident in ME7.5, but I cannot crack this stupid MED9.1 to save my life!
My secondary goal is to have the information needed in one place so anyone searching like I did can find the answers they need in one place.
Thanks in advance!
vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 12:11:34 PM »

To my knowledge (based on reading here, and my own trials) you can't read those via OBD with MPPS clone. You should be able to do it via BDM 100. On mine I had to supply 12v through the ecu plug because the internal relay on the BDM 100 wasn't working. You need to make a bench harness and supply all the needed power pins.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
MoparFreak69

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 04:32:36 PM »

I will definitely give it a try. Not like I can screw it up worse than it is now. I'll pull a pinout and give her 12V from a bench battery and see if I can get any different results.
f1torrents

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 02:35:06 AM »

Do you have BDM1255?
I have not had a issue reading B7 ECU's.
I cannot however write just the flash back. I must either write a single file. (Flash+E2P) or flash it with MPPS. But reading has never been a problem.
BTW, I can just flash the E2P by itself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: