Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which unit/module to adapt first?????  (Read 4455 times)
eliotroyano

« on: April 15, 2015, 05:38:13 AM »

Hi friends, I new some advice for a car that need to work but it is far away from town and need to be precise and direct about how to solve the issue. To make history short, this is the situation:
Car: VW Passat B5 (Type 3B) 1.8T
ECU: 4B0906018DF 0261207639.  OEM 95040 dump is totally damage, no VIN, no ImmoID, and FF FF as SKC, also checksumms are totally bad too. I ask about info previously here in Nefmoto. Anyway I have another dump kindly shared by a friend of Nefmoto forums.
Cluster: 3B0920826 VWZ7Z0A3773540 VDO V01. Cluster was tested on bench and dump seems to be ok, but it has a bad key match DTC error and number of coded keys are zero (block: #22 field #4: 0). That could be due to on bench test.

Then I need to do an ecu swap (cluster-ecu adapt) and key matching to make it work properly, but due that this a dual process and I know that immo is really tricky when it have some errors or DTCs, what do you recommend me to do first, key match then ECU swap or vice versa?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Regards,
Elio
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 09:31:16 AM »

Elio, to answer that question we need to know which component the current keys were matched to. Remember, the RFID transponders can only ever be matched to a single immobilizer ID, so you MUST preserve that in whichever component is functional.

If that's not possible, you will have to replace the transponders.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
eliotroyano

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 12:12:00 PM »

Elio, to answer that question we need to know which component the current keys were matched to. Remember, the RFID transponders can only ever be matched to a single immobilizer ID, so you MUST preserve that in whichever component is functional.
If that's not possible, you will have to replace the transponders.

You are totally right as usual Daz. The info that I have is that current key is matched to it car and it cluster, the one that I have.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: