Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Question about cross-flash and wanted someone to double check my bin please  (Read 13694 times)
Andrew G.

Alright so I basically just set the same values used here: http://www.myaudis4.com/stage-1/
My car is a completely stock '00 A6 2.7 with tip. I also disabled cat diag (one is bad), rear o2 aging, and SAI (wanted to ignore the cats and disable SAI). We don't have to smog our cars in central Oregon so that won't be an issue. I did a full backup of my stock 4B0907551L, and used 8D0907551L with the Nef stage1 xdf, and lastly I corrected the checksum on the modified bin. If I'm not mistaken I can flash my ECU with this modified 8D0907551L bin. Am I close here or am I way off?? I've attached the bin if someone would please review it Smiley
adam-

Post your XDF or your kp too.  Too many new people getting this part wrong.
Andrew G.

Here's the xdf I used.
Andrew G.

I'm tempted to flash the ECU tonight guys, stop me if I'm about to do something bad!
ddillenger

I'm tempted to flash the ECU tonight guys, stop me if I'm about to do something bad!

Looks like you added some timing to KFZW, took some out of KFZW2, and added some boost as well as fueling changes.

It's fine to flash. Go with god.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Andrew G.

It's fine to flash. Go with god.

With your blessing it shall be done.
ddillenger

I just overlooked your year. 2000 is Bosch. The 551L is hitachi. You will need to convert it by copying MLOFS, KFKHFM, and MLHFM from a Bosch file.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Andrew G.

Thanks for catching that, let me give it a shot!
Andrew G.

Wow that was a bit of a learning curve. I copied the MLOFS, KFKHFM, and MLHFM from my original bin. Obviously the maps were in different locations but I managed to figure it out by searching for the headers which was the same for each. Here's the bin, let me know if it looks good!
ddillenger

Very good work Smiley

Next:

You might want to change CW_CAN_R to remove the "Missing message from instrument cluster" P1650 you're going to get Tongue

0x12C7A is the address. Default value is 35 decimal. Change it to 3.

Or flash as is, the code won't hurt anything!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Andrew G.

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2015, 10:25:46 AM »

Very nice I don't like pesky codes Smiley Found the value 23 hex (35 decimal) at that address and changed it to 03 hex (3 decimal), then corrected the checksums. Will flash a little later today. Thanks for your help thus far ddillenger!
ddillenger

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2015, 11:34:46 AM »

Very nice I don't like pesky codes Smiley Found the value 23 hex (35 decimal) at that address and changed it to 03 hex (3 decimal), then corrected the checksums. Will flash a little later today. Thanks for your help thus far ddillenger!

I am happy to do so, especially after you didn't immediately follow up my maf post with easily searchable questions.

Good work. LMK if there is anything else you need!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Andrew G.

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2015, 03:42:50 PM »

Wheee it worked! Took it on the highway but didn't really give it WOT. I never really do but I might while I'm logging just so I can check for any issues like knock or boost leak to be safe (From what I read those are pretty important things to look for). Also got two faults regarding the brake booster sensor which I don't think my car has so can be ignored. Many thanks again, I will probably ask someone to go over my logs when I have a chance to do it.  Cool
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 12:18:08 AM by Andrew G. » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2015, 06:48:37 PM »

Also got two faults regarding the break booster sensor which I don't think my car has so can be ignored.

You can safely code out bkv in eskonf... (hi daz!)

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2015, 02:03:51 AM »

You can safely code out bkv in eskonf... (hi daz!)

HAI!

0x10C7B, C3--->F3

Then:

0x18198 and 0x18199 (CDBKV and CDDBKV) 01--->00.

That should be the end of that code.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: