Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wastegate dc not following idmx  (Read 4581 times)
pitercsg

« on: July 24, 2023, 05:43:17 AM »

Hi guys. Have a problem with my tune, when i was logging today sometimes my boost hits 1.2 bar at 5000 rpm and holds it steady, and sometimes it hits 0.7 bar and stays there. As you can see my wgdc in the 0.7bar log somehow changed, but i didn't touched any of the pid control maps. Between those 2 logs i made changes only in fkkvs, and lowered my load at 5500 and 5000 rpm by 5 units.  Is this software or hardware problem? Attaching logs
terminator

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2023, 07:52:34 AM »

The wastgate is closed so I don't think it's software related.

Sorry, I've just look at your csv log and wgdc is too low (60%). So it's a software problem.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 07:59:22 AM by terminator » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2023, 08:09:38 AM »

ldtv before/after missing, no PID output in your logs.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
pitercsg

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2023, 04:34:20 AM »

Ok, had some time today and drove to take a couple logs. It happened again, but the boost is higher cause i increased wastegate preload. Wastegate dc in the restricted log semms almost the same as in the previous log. Also attaching a log when everything was fine - i know idmx there needs improvement. In me7 logger i couldn't find pid outputs, so i selected all PID maps that are there, should be enough.
prj

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2023, 04:47:05 AM »

Why the hell would you increase wastegate preload?

Unfuck your diagnostics in your binary, your ECU is going into limp mode, and because you probably disabled a bunch of fault classes you have no idea why.
Set anything that begins with CL back to stock.

Also obviously the rest of the tune is a complete mess. 0.7 lambda with massive amount of knock retard etc.
Good thing you're on an OEM ECU, on an aftermarket ECU there would be a hole in the block lol.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 04:49:51 AM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
pitercsg

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2023, 06:16:06 AM »

Thanks prj.
I increased it because it wasn't strong enough to hold boost after 5500rpm - exhaust gas pressure opened it itself and turbo didn't want to boost more than 1.1 bar after peak. I didn't touched any of the diagnostics - only changed CDKAT and CDSLS to 0 and disabled 02's, sai and evap through ESKONF - AA   FF   00   F3   E3   FB   FC
I know about the knock retard - it don't exceeds 6 degrees. Basing on what nyet wrote, it's still acceptable. As you said, lambda needs improvement, but it's on the safe side.
Limp mode... Shit, i wasn't getting check light on, so i completely forgot about it. That's the point - i'm getting 16683/P0299 - all hoses all good, pressure tested my intake and everything seems fine. Is this faulty component in my hardware, or can be fixed in software? N75 seems to be working properly - before preload adjustment with proper idmx i had almost perfect boost curve.
prj

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2023, 07:47:55 AM »

Basing on what nyet wrote, it's still acceptable.
No.
As you said, lambda needs improvement, but it's on the safe side.
No, it's just not tuned.
Limp mode... Shit, i wasn't getting check light on, so i completely forgot about it. That's the point - i'm getting 16683/P0299 - all hoses all good, pressure tested my intake and everything seems fine. Is this faulty component in my hardware, or can be fixed in software? N75 seems to be working properly - before preload adjustment with proper idmx i had almost perfect boost curve.
Start with boost control linearization from scratch as described on the site. Especially after you changed the preload.
Your boost control looks like shit and most likely the problems are even worse on part throttle.

Also, when pressure testing, make sure to leave the intake manifold connected. If you pressure tested JUST the intake without the manifold connected then you could have a leak. Although the log does not suggest any major leaks, it is more likely the boost control is bad.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: