Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Author Topic: rs4 with rs6 turbos tuning  (Read 60198 times)
Westfarmracing

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2014, 01:24:02 PM »

Beside that this is a F Box file and not K like stated in the first post, I can't see anything changed that is related to the problem.
Who did all the other changes? You or your tuner?

I'm sorry, i changed to f-box after that. The file i posted there was base file by my tuner. He didnt touch tany pids so i had bad overboost issues.

I managed to tweak wgdc and lower ldrxn and got it to follow requested up to 5000rpm, then it started creeping. I have tried tweaking pid maps referring to s4wiki without luck. Im on my phone now, so cant post any logs right now..

The worst issues right now is it limits the rpm at 6000, it does it even when n75 disconnected so it cant be bost related.

In base boost it holds 1850 all the way until it cuts @6000

And i have flutter in light load, some throttle angle stuff im trying to undestand..

I will get a new cable, and fix me7logger and post asap!
silentbob

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2014, 02:04:00 PM »

I hope you didn't pay money for that. Some stuff in that file like the changes to knock recognition make me shake my head.
What kind of hardware changes you are running exactly on your RS4?
Modify KFVPLGU like described in the link I posted und you are done with your flutter. It's not defined in your ols but can easily be found when compared to K Box.

I would recommend to start with a stock file and do only modifications that you understand (maybe compare your tuners file to a stock file because not everything is crap that is changed).
Westfarmracing

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2014, 02:25:56 PM »

I also wondered why he would do changes to knock..

I will check the KFVPLGU

Right now the only mods are rs6 turbos, exhaust and fuel pump.

When i get that setup working i like to change injectors to get more out of it.

Thank you so far, will try to understand this myself and tune it little by little.  Than i know more what's going on =)

Props to nefmoto !
Westfarmracing

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 06:00:53 AM »

Had som suspicions on both my map, and maf sensor. Had an old map from s4 With different nr than RS4. Ordered a New rs4 map from Bosch.

Also I had an s4 maf sensor in a housing which i made to be 83mm, but after som Research i found S4 uses HFM-5-8.5 sensor, and RS4 HFM-5-9.7

So ordered a New rs4 maf from Bosch too. The diameter from airfilter is ø83mm but measured outlet is actually ø82mm

This was just for info, if any interest
silentbob

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 08:38:36 AM »

Huh So is this an RS4 or S4 converted to RS4 hardware?
Westfarmracing

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2014, 09:04:02 AM »

It was an s4 converted to widebody/interior and everything except for the engine and gearbox. I have bought and built an rs4 azr engine now, and bought all piping, hoses and whats different.

The only thing s4 now is gearing, but thatdoesn't really matter to me.. Gonna try new sensors now, and a new log attempt
silentbob

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2014, 01:28:59 PM »

The gearing matters because if you want to do it "real right" you have to change the gear detection for 3rd and 4th gear in the RS4 software  Wink
Westfarmracing

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2014, 01:50:25 PM »

Yeah of course  Wink hehe. But really, it isn't that big of a difference that it would detect the wrong gear?

Otherwise, fixed my boost/maf sensors today. That made a difference, and the issue with it cutting off @6000 was oil temp rev-limiter. Read out 195 degrees in vcds. Guess theres a cable missing or something.. changed all the values to 7500 but it didn't help, then i noticed the scalar only went to 145c in my .ols so i searched in hex and changed all values to 30000 (7500rpm) and it worked Smiley i'm only @1bar now, butit pulls 340g/s

Me7logger with new cable works, but it can't connect to ecu. Fault 4 i think it was. Tried only in slow rate

Westfarmracing

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 12:32:17 AM »

Now it's running fairly good. Haven't got the logger to work though, tried With a New genuine ross-Tech cable but it cant Connect to ecu.. Nefmoto flasher cannot Connect either, but it finds the cable and everything.. I can flash the car With mpps, kessv2 or whatever and VCDs Works also, so I have no Clue whats the issue.. tried to unplug radio, cluster, abs etc without Luck.

I have only shitty vcds logs now and checked it With innovate wideband. Also having trouble With one of the coilpacks, it's misfiring if I crank the load too much. Now I have it at 2300mbar up to 5500, and ramping to 2400 to redline, then it holds the spark fine. Not sure if I should Upgrade to tfsi coils, or just buy New ones..

Really would like to get a decent logger to work when i get New coils, I have no knock-retard and afr is around 11.5 so It's drivable. Airmass dont know, since VCDs only shows like 364,8g/s
armageddon

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 12:52:30 AM »

on ECU file change to Connect      = SLOW-0x00

that do the trick for me
Westfarmracing

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2014, 01:32:02 AM »

on ECU file change to Connect      = SLOW-0x00

that do the trick for me

Thank you, but I have tried that too  Huh
armageddon

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2014, 04:05:17 AM »

only left you run a direct K-line from ECU to obd conector
Westfarmracing

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2014, 05:09:37 AM »

I have thougt of doing that also, hope it helps. Can i try With the ecu on bench first? Just to see if it will work
Westfarmracing

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2014, 01:52:25 PM »

So put the ecu on the bench and it started logging right away.
Threw it back in the car and tried pullig a wire in parallel from ecu to obd without success. Then i cut the k-line at ecu and obd connector and made a straight wire. Next issue then was no epc light and no start... i have immo off, tried pulling the dash and it starts. Will try tomorrow to start it and then pull the k-line
Westfarmracing

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2014, 08:24:55 AM »

I have read this base boost KFVPLGU etc 100 times now, but im just too stupid to get it! Embarrassed

I really need a kick in the rear here, should i calculate a ratio from the axis to Stock/New spring pressure or from the z-value that exceedes PSPVDKUG?
I'm really tired and feels real stupid here so any help would be very appreciated Smiley

Bigg issues With hesitation and chopping in part throttle...

Attached is .jpg of KFVPLGU

From wiki;

"Look for the values in the table that start to exceed the threshold of PSPVDKUG, and trace up to the vpssplg_w axis. The pressure ratio minus 1 bar at this column should be your stock wastegate pressure (3-6psi). Take the ratio of this pressure to your new wastegate pressure, and multiply it by the vpssplg_w axis. This roughly sets base boost for proper throttle control. You can further tune this table by making sure areas below the spring pressure of the wastegates stays below the value in PSPVDKUG."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: