Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Graphical User Interface for modfying files  (Read 14145 times)
boomerro

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 12:37:59 PM »

If you study ME7 at all, what sense does it make to avoid the FR acronyms. It just adds to confusion and ambiguity.

It's not nonsense, start studying and it will become second nature. There is a pattern.

I guess you missed the part where I said "user friendly" not "study for hours to even understand the map names, let alone the ecu logic"  Tongue

The pattern is even better if you know German.

KFZW for example would be Kennfeld Zündwinkel. Kennfeld is a map and Zündwinkel literally means ignition angle.

Yeah, I don't really know german. lol, know they are not named randomly but when trying to relate what I know from tuning Subarus and DSMs it is a real confusing trying to understand the map names.

Maps are only listed as letters ie krkte as the person that created the .xdf named them like that! Take the time and change them to what ever you want!

Guess that will be the easiest thing to do. 

The goal of this site is to openly discuss ME7 tuning and promote good practices.
prj

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 01:53:49 PM »

I guess you missed the part where I said "user friendly" not "study for hours to even understand the map names, let alone the ecu logic"  Tongue

You want to tune the ECU without understanding how it works?

/facepalm

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
boomerro

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 02:22:36 PM »

You want to tune the ECU without understanding how it works?

/facepalm

I want an ecu that is easier to learn, lol.  This ecu is annoying as shit... I guess I am the only one who finds these map names really annoying then.   Cant stand having to look back at the names and I end up writing down short cuts to remember them for quick reference.  Might just be the way I learn though...

The goal of this site is to openly discuss ME7 tuning and promote good practices.
prj

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 02:37:16 PM »

I want an ecu that is easier to learn, lol.  This ecu is annoying as shit... I guess I am the only one who finds these map names really annoying then.   Cant stand having to look back at the names and I end up writing down short cuts to remember them for quick reference.  Might just be the way I learn though...

ME7 is not easy. It's never going to be easy. There is nothing wrong with the names.
It's just ten times more advanced than what you have ever seen. Keep the FR open, if you don't remember what something is, hit CTRL+F and search for the acronym in the variable list towards the end, and you will know what it is.

Log your car properly.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2013, 01:19:58 PM »

What a bullshit thread and overall attitude, Robert.  You cant expect everything in life to be easy.  Your attitude on this stinks and frankly no one here is going to want to help you if you dont even want to help yourself by reading the FR.  God forbid you have to put in any effort!

With the way you put things, sounds like you want someone else to just tune for you anyway.  If you cant figure out the names, maybe you should have someone else do this for you because that is the easy part.  Sorry for being harsh, but it is true.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
jimmcgee5

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2013, 04:50:55 PM »

What a bullshit thread and overall attitude, Robert.  You cant expect everything in life to be easy.  Your attitude on this stinks and frankly no one here is going to want to help you if you dont even want to help yourself by reading the FR.  God forbid you have to put in any effort!

With the way you put things, sounds like you want someone else to just tune for you anyway.  If you cant figure out the names, maybe you should have someone else do this for you because that is the easy part.  Sorry for being harsh, but it is true.

Cheesy Grin whose ass are you trying to kiss , lol , the guy says he wishes it was a little easy and you jump all over him , stay off the shandy  Tongue Tongue
prj

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2013, 05:37:57 PM »

Cheesy Grin whose ass are you trying to kiss , lol , the guy says he wishes it was a little easy and you jump all over him , stay off the shandy  Tongue Tongue

He quite literally said that he wants to tune it, but does not want to spend the time to understand the ECU logic.
Don't see anything wrong with Snow Trooper's response. Bit of a rant, but the truth always hurts, doesn't it?

This forum is full of timewasters who have the attitude of "I don't really want to put in any effort, but you should just give me all your info and then tune my car for free".
Calling them out sometimes is actually quite sobering.

Log your car properly.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2013, 09:40:15 PM »

Do I know you?  Do you know me?  Didn't think so.  I know of Robert from other forums and this was the nice version of my thoughts on this thread and the garbage mentality that he displayed with it.  First page I was annoyed, second page warranted me to log into here after no doing so for a long time.  My absence was do to attitudes like this, wanting the world given to them but being to lazy to reach their hand up and grab it from the giver.

Its the entitled attitude of the generation coming after mine and it makes me sick.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: