Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
Author Topic: Hitting max ps_w/rl_w and fueling  (Read 141458 times)
catbed

« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2012, 12:31:45 PM »

This is confirmed, scaled the KFWDKMSN axis back to stock and halfed the ATM constant. Frhodkr_w is now back to sane.

Car runs like a champ again, celebrated with some donuts in the 6" snow we had last night Smiley

Even though I'm not involved, thanks for all the work put in guys, hopefully you're near the end. I've read through this thread multiple times and check it daily to hopefully implement this in my car when its done, but that may take a while since questions are a no-no.
prj

« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2012, 04:21:58 PM »

Even though I'm not involved, thanks for all the work put in guys, hopefully you're near the end. I've read through this thread multiple times and check it daily to hopefully implement this in my car when its done, but that may take a while since questions are a no-no.

Questions are fine, just don't expect someone to spoon-feed you all the locations like is being done now on the first car during testing.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
catbed

« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2012, 05:53:42 PM »

Questions are fine, just don't expect someone to spoon-feed you all the locations like is being done now on the first car during testing.

I understand. So the way I see it is the only way to find where those other constants are is to dissasemble the file? Since this routine is present in all ME7.x files, is it possible for a program to be made that searches out only this routine in other bins? Kind of like findmap that is here on the forums? I have little programming experience beyond my high school java course, so excuse me if this is a dumb question.
prj

« Reply #153 on: December 08, 2012, 02:37:58 AM »

It is possible to make a tool, but it is likely there are slight differences in the routines, and you will need to disassemble the file anyway.

Log your car properly.
Bische

« Reply #154 on: December 17, 2012, 12:14:31 PM »

Update:

My readiness after a couple of days got down to 32, which is Oxygen sensor. I have verified which logs it is stuck on post cat testing cycle, I have this one in a spacer and im not too worried about it, I cannot find anything in the FR that relates this to the pressure scaling so im probably just going to code it out. Odd thing is it always did pass readiness before this project, must be a coincidence I guess.

However im not sane anymore with my cold start idle, sometimes it goes up and idles at 1200 as it always has, sometime it just goes directly to 900rpm which is my set warm idle rpm? I have to go through this one more time, this isnt really a problem but im pretty OCD about stuff like this and I want the car to run as it is supposed to. One more thing that kills me, is that the %BBKHZ cat heating module is missing in the the FR?

As time permits I will wrap up a .ols with my stock binary and a version with the 5120 hack along with the map definitions for those maps/constants and the updated list of changes. I will upload this in a new thread dedicated to this, and keep the first page updated as we go and more files floats up, thoughts?
matchew

« Reply #155 on: December 17, 2012, 01:41:24 PM »

What have you got at address 0x181C0?
Bische

« Reply #156 on: December 17, 2012, 02:01:18 PM »

What have you got at address 0x181C0?

CWSLS = 1
prj

« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2012, 08:36:36 AM »

You can find the BBKHZ module in the Alfa FR.

Log your car properly.
Bische

« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2012, 12:35:02 PM »

You can find the BBKHZ module in the Alfa FR.

/bow
Bische

« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2012, 01:02:00 PM »

I think I have found something, look at my attchment, fho_w should not do that according to my understanding. I believe it flips to FHOE and hence the curve from the low pass filter.

I have a new file going in tomorrow to try something out.
britishturbo

« Reply #160 on: December 25, 2012, 08:52:49 PM »

/bow

Any chance of you uploading the stock and final file yet so I can see all that was changed?
Cheers :-)
Bische

« Reply #161 on: December 26, 2012, 11:24:29 AM »

Any chance of you uploading the stock and final file yet so I can see all that was changed?
Cheers :-)

You can see everything I have changed documented in this very thread  Roll Eyes

I will put up a .ols when I have figured out why my KH is acting up, I dont want to upload a file when I know something is wrong with it. The info needed is in here for the ones wanting to do work on this, I hope this is understandable.

Also, being holidays now im trying to spend time with my two boys and not have my mind in the Funktionsrahmen constantly, thats what I have a regular daytime job for Grin
britishturbo

« Reply #162 on: December 26, 2012, 11:42:37 AM »

You can see everything I have changed documented in this very thread  Roll Eyes

I will put up a .ols when I have figured out why my KH is acting up, I dont want to upload a file when I know something is wrong with it. The info needed is in here for the ones wanting to do work on this, I hope this is understandable.

Also, being holidays now im trying to spend time with my two boys and not have my mind in the Funktionsrahmen constantly, thats what I have a regular daytime job for Grin

I actually wanted to see what was changed at the code level to make it easier to move it over to an M-Box ;-)
If you could post your original bin some time you get a chance that will be all I need, I can't seem to find it!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #163 on: December 26, 2012, 12:35:29 PM »

Actually, once we get some ps_w headroom, do you forsee any problems with not underscaling load? Is it ok to just let the load cap out, assuming we don't care to use anything but the end of the maps?

Or are there other issues with having a load maxed out?

If we have to start all over again and rescale *load*... well.. i think that will be quite a bit more work than the ps effort...

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #164 on: December 26, 2012, 12:42:48 PM »

Actually, once we get some ps_w headroom, do you forsee any problems with not underscaling load? Is it ok to just let the load cap out, assuming we don't care to use anything but the end of the maps?

Or are there other issues with having a load maxed out?

If we have to start all over again and rescale *load*... well.. i think that will be quite a bit more work than the ps effort...

There is no cap on load. Only issue will be the 8 bit maps where anything higher than 255 will be 255.

Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
  Print  

Jump to: