Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Discovering the OBD's and Programmer's dump files.  (Read 5067 times)
brandnew

« on: April 23, 2016, 01:32:13 AM »

Good Day, dear community.

I compared two dump files: one of them was downloaded by Nefmoto's software, another by GQ-4x programmer.
I found out that GQ-4x's file consists of two identical parts (0x0 - 0x80000 and 0x80000 - 0xFFFFF). What has it done for? This parts are identical to second half (0x80000 - 0xFFFFF) of OBD's dump.  Also that means that f29800's dump misses half code that includes tuning maps. Are they stored in internal processor's rom?

General question is: If you have full dump file that is read via OBD socket (nvm if with Nefmoto, Kess, Galetto), is it possible to recover bricked ECU playing only with 29F800 chip and GQ-4x programmer?

Any hints and tips are extremely appreciated!
nubcake

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 01:38:28 AM »

Your OBD read appears correct, but something's wrong with your programmer setup.

There's no good "general answer" to your general question, because in your specific case - you need to figure out what's wrong with your chip programmer first. Then you will be able to recover the ECU, yes.
brandnew

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 01:02:30 PM »

Thanks for the reply.

Programmer setup was fine.

Electronic's shop sold me wrong adapter's version. There were some adress lines missing. After few upgrades all works perfect.

Answering my general question: yes, if you have full flash readout via OBD, it's possible to write it directly into the AM29FXXX by suitable programmer.
That means if you have bricked ecu, you may search for the full dump, desolder the flash chip, write it, solder it back and get the ecu recovered.

P.S. At least that works for ME7.x and EDC15.

BTW! There is another interesting thing. How have other people on this forum got 32Kb C167 dump file??? I mean how did they force CPU to give his own content..
nubcake

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 04:25:02 PM »

if you have bricked ecu, you may search for the full dump, desolder the flash chip, write it, solder it back and get the ecu recovered.

There's an easier way, though. You can just bootmode flash the ECU. No soldering involved - and is just as reliable.

BTW! There is another interesting thing. How have other people on this forum got 32Kb C167 dump file??? I mean how did they force CPU to give his own content..

I haven't tried it with C167, but with ST10 CPU (which is largely the same - basically, it's the next generation chip) you can connect directly to TX/RX lines of the CPU itself, bootmode it with proper software - and read out the internal ROM. Provided, you know addresses. I used Flashit for ST10, and I guess it -should- work for C167 as well. But then again - it's really not needed for the C167.

EDIT:
People are doing it with minimon. Check this thread:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1268.0
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 04:26:47 PM by nubcake » Logged
k0mpresd

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 04:34:20 PM »

i need to that try flashit on the st10 gen4 haldex.
brandnew

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 01:00:27 AM »

There's an easier way, though. You can just bootmode flash the ECU. No soldering involved - and is just as reliable.

Yes, i know that. Just was playing around with programmer.

People are doing it with minimon. Check this thread:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1268.0

Thank you for the link!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: