Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does anyone know if the file I have is what it says it is?  (Read 6163 times)
ras666

« on: September 23, 2016, 06:06:58 AM »

Hi I have a 2002 audi s8 engine in my a4  and have been having problems with the rather digital throttle response between the pedal being at the top and about 45% travel I get 0 to 10% throttle then the next 5% of pedal travel I get 100% throttle!
Engine code is AVP and is a 4.2 40v. The ecu is an auto ecu part number 4D0907559AA. I reflashed it with a manual file 4D0907559H however the fault for the missing tcu remains and the throttle still behaves weirdly. The map definatly went on because vcds now shows the new part number and for some reason it retards the ignition between 900 and 1500 rpm where it didn't with the auto map. The only thing I have noticed is the ecu soft coding is still for an auto box and vcds seems to be unable to change it soft code is 07752 the 2 at the end doesn't fit with any coding charts I can find however.

Any help would be apreciated thanks Richard
royce5950

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 12:03:39 PM »

Well first things first, reflash with a stock/original file and if the problem persists its hardware related and is not software related.

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COMAs low as just $50
ras666

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 03:24:44 PM »

Sorry for the late reply been buisy  since that I have made something to send a speed signal to the ecu via canbus and have almost got that to work. I have found that below 10kph the throttle behaves the same practically either on or off but once I am moving when I let off the pedal and try it again at around 15 kph changing from 1st to second I get quite a usable pedal curve. It just makes setting off really hard work. I have flashed the ecu back to the auto file and back to the manual file and both have the same coding and vcds is unable to change it. I have unfortunately lost my original immo file I think the only copy was on a usb stick I lost  Undecided
nubcake

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 06:13:29 PM »

10613 or 10713 seem to be correct var codes for this binary.
VARDEF is 10713.
ras666

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 03:50:55 PM »

Thanks for that that confirms the code I was trying to use was the correct one for that flash maybe it doesn't allow changing of the soft coding as in normal use it would never happen. I guess the soft code is stored in the 95040as that is the only part of the ecu that has remained the same. When I first got the ecu I flashed the 95040 with a virgin immo off file so that could be the source of the odd code.is it possible to just change it with a hex editor like the immo code and chassis number or is it alot more complicated than that?
ras666

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 06:08:21 PM »

I can't believe it it just jumped out at me when I was flicking through some old stuff I came across my old file I had pulled from the ecu. It came to me that the immo code is written backwards in hex so I converted the softcode that I have to hex and flipped it  07752 》1E48 》481E had a quick look at the hex file and there it was staring at me repeated on 2 lines (circled in green). So I take a look at my original dump in the same place I find 012A 》2A01 》10753 the correct code for the original ecu auto file!  Roll Eyes so if I get time I will pull the current 95040 flash off my ecu to verify this theory then try writing it back with the code 10613 》2975 》7529 hopefully without esp and auto gearbox and see the result I will probably also use my original file and turn the immo off in that too as I have noticed an awful lot of differences between the 2 files apart from the obvious chassis number change, immo bits, key code and the soft code I found.
Thanks for the confirmation of the coding nubcake I have spent many hours trying to figure out what the code is and should be.
I will report back when I try it out and how big of a smoke leak I get  Grin
ras666

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 10:38:18 AM »

Just tryed it by changing the bits so it has the code 10613 and it does work looking with vcds it now shows that code and the abs and tcu canbus message dtcs have gone for good it seems. Also the accelerator pedal works like a normal car now this is going to take some learning after the digital throttle control I am used to Shocked next challenge is to get the cruise control to work Grin hopefully that is just due to airbag implausible signal dtc as it is the only remaining dtc other than the lack of sai. Failing that I've wired it up wrong or its not happy with my arduino programming skills Roll Eyes
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 02:57:07 PM »

Did you do the vcds login for enabling cruisecontrol?  Engine>Login>11463
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 02:59:27 PM by TijnCU » Logged

ras666

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 06:09:58 PM »

No I haven't tryed that I presumed it would be on by default in a s8 I'll give that a try too. I'm going to order a new brake switch too there was a fault for brake switch again thought I had cured that with contact cleaner Sad I cleared that fault and it didn't come back on all afternoon when I was messing with it tho. I will try enabling it would it still show the binary bits for the switch functions if it was disabled and have a cruise control switch implausible signal before I took it apart and cleaned all the contacts?
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 01:40:44 AM »

Last time I re-did my 95040 I forgot to turn the cruisecontrol back on (2004 ME7.5). All functions worked correctly in vcds (block 66 I think?) but it did not set cruisecontrol. Then I noticed I had 'G' missing in the software version box (on engine opening screen). Could be different for your ecu, but maybe its that simple  Smiley

vwaudiguy

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 09:39:17 AM »

Then I noticed I had 'G' missing in the software version box (on engine opening screen). Could be different for your ecu, but maybe its that simple  Smiley

This could be the issue. Without G no cruise control.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 02:15:11 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
ras666

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2016, 12:56:10 PM »

Well I just found the solution to my cruise control and it was something even more simple! A brake light bulb!  Roll Eyes because my car did not already have a 2 way brake switch fitted or any of the drive by wire components I made the loom a seperate piece it looks like the ecu does not have an internal pull down resistor on the brake light part of the circuit and must rely on the bulbs. However it doesn't show it as a dtc fault all the time maybe once or twice in a week of driving I was getting the p0571 fault. I just stuck a bulb in after fitting the new switch not helping and tryed it and to my suprise it worked. Next thing I will experiment with a resistor because a 21w bulb is quite distracting lol.
Hope some of this will help others if they can read through my gibberish
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: