Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Timing help from some experts? (log diagnosis needed)  (Read 6065 times)
MmmBoost

« on: November 21, 2011, 07:46:49 PM »

Gentlemen,

It's been a while since I've actually hooked the laptop up to my car and tried to squeaze a little more out of my car, but just recently I had caught the bug again and found some free time.

Vehicle Specs:

2005 Audi A4
Stock displacement AMB 1.8T (some internal upgrades though)
Injector Dynamics ID725
Bosch 005 fuel pump
Bosch F5DPOR plugs
MKVI TFSI Coil packs

ME7.5 running Maestro 7 (this is where the shit hits the fan with diagnosing the issue)
Boost Level on these pulls was 26 PSI using an EBC

Every since I have been running this software on my car, I have always seemed to have problems running a decent level of timing on higher boost levels.  Now I understand more boost = more load = less timing.......that's not the issue.  It seems as though my timing just simply will not follow KFZW or KFZW2 once load gets to the 180+ range.

Looking at my logs from this evening I keep getting massive timing pull right around the same area or boost/load and my timing drops like a rock.  I don't believe this is knock related or else I would see boost duty drop and my Specified Load drop down to levels specified in my LDRXNZK map.

Could you guys please have a look at this log and tell me what you think.  I have every reason to believe I am hitting a limit specified in the ECU somewhere.  It almost seems like it's trying to cap load at a very familiar number of 191 which tends to be the last value in many maps.

Does this look like Torque Monitoring/Control intervening?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aoetxfc9e1KpdDJXQzB3dVRQUU9TbkZsX3QwUS1Jd3c

There are the maps that I have been staring at for the past few days trying to see if I'm doing something wrong.

~Chris
2005 Audi A4 1.8T S-Line Avant
Engine Build Documentary
MmmBoost

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 07:56:47 PM »

I forgot to mention I'm running a T25 .64 GT2871R

~Chris
Engine Build Documentary
phila_dot

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 08:19:47 PM »

Looking briefly, I see knock regulation.

It takes quite a bit before you get load intervention.
RaraK

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 06:26:00 AM »

i had a 2871 on my 1.8t and i ran slighlty less timing than that at higher load, 1 value less roughly, and i would see cf's of 3-5.  I think you just need to lower the higher load timing a little bit and go from there.

figured it was a similar setup so....  btw i did have a fmic as well i dont know what your full hardware specs are.

we dont get too hot here in PA either, 90 tops.  so i never had it in a situation where things where fully heated up and a situation where the timing would have been at its worse conditions.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 06:27:38 AM by RaraK » Logged
MmmBoost

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 09:05:10 AM »

Thanks for the replies so far.

I am running a FMIC.  It's not the largest core in the world, but it does a decent job.

So you're basically saying timing looks about right then?  Even with IATs below freezing?

~Chris
Engine Build Documentary
RaraK

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 11:24:46 AM »

they are a little higher than id run, i like to see no more than CF's of 6, you are a littel over that, i would remove ~1.5 from your timing values, that should get you down around 4-6 CF. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: