Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ignition timing for E85 - advices  (Read 8038 times)
masterj

« on: November 24, 2011, 03:27:30 PM »

Hello everyone!  Smiley

So I'm tuning my 1.8T Passat for E85 fuel. It has standart K03 turbo but was remapped before me. What specific ignition timing advices you have for E85 setup? Also my map? (image attached)

Some people say that E85 burns slower so I should up my timing especially in high load area... Right now I have advanced my whole table by 8 degrees and low rpm (up to ~1500) seems now so smooth and really good, but my high rpm power still feels a little bit slow... And I'm not sure if I should advance timing in that area... Also how do you tune with FATS? I mean how do I log FATS? With A95 I tuned car with the help of knock sensors but E85 is more resistant to knock and you can easily overadvance timing...

carlossus

Leon Curpa Stg1+

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 03:37:02 PM »

I remember this being discussed. Interesting topic...

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php/topic,856.0.html

Interestingly, came up easily using the search box. That wasn't sarcasm by the way, I was genuinely suprised the search was useful.  Grin
Tifon

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 05:36:38 AM »

Yes you should advance also in thr rest of the table, but i would go step by step, not 8 degrees at the first shot.
phila_dot

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 12:12:30 PM »

Tune for MBT or stop before exceeding KFZWOP.
Matt Danger

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 03:27:40 PM »

My posts about this topic are in the thread linked above.

Interestingly, came up easily using the search box. That wasn't sarcasm by the way, I was genuinely suprised the search was useful.  Grin

If you're browsing a thread or sub forum the search box seems to only search within that sub forum. So jump to the forum home and then try.
masterj

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 11:48:02 AM »

Thanks everyone! Final version of ignition ended up being KFZWOP - 1.5 deg  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Maybe thats a lil bit high, but I didn't get more than 3 CF and car power felt much much better Smiley Now onto boost... I've heard that with E85 you can put even more boost, so if anyone has tuned his/hers car to work with e85 how much boost you put to your K03 turbo to efficiently push air? I need somekind of reference numbers to begin with... right now my car is boosting up to 1bar, but I think I can bump this up atleast to 1.3bar or something

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: