Pages: [1]
Author Topic: kfzwmn and raising boost  (Read 3983 times)
BoobieTrap

« on: March 13, 2017, 11:47:43 AM »

Am I right assuming that that I can keep raising boost while retarding spark angle map KFZW/KFZW2 as long as CF corrections stay low AND the total corrected angle is above KFZWMN?
Or does the retard of the spark angle negate the gain from boost increase once the spark angle starts to get really low?

I'm running forged rods and ID1000cc injectors, egts are currently below 850C on WOT @22psi on a hybrid turbo so I'm wondering if I should push it further.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 11:49:17 AM »

Am I right assuming that that I can keep raising boost while retarding spark angle map KFZW/KFZW2 as long as CF corrections stay low AND the total corrected angle is above KFZWMN?

Low or zero, and KFZWMN doesn't really matter.

Or does the retard of the spark angle negate the gain from boost increase once the spark angle starts to get really low?

At some point, you are just leaving power on the table by raising boost.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 11:59:11 AM »

egts are currently below 850C on WOT @22psi on a hybrid turbo so I'm wondering if I should push it further.

Calculated or measured? Stock MAF?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
BoobieTrap

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 12:07:10 PM »

At some point, you are just leaving power on the table by raising boost.
So at which point should I stop raising boost if everything else is in check? Is there a threshold timing angle above 3k RPM that should not be retarded further?

Calculated or measured? Stock MAF?
Measured on a dash gauge with the probe in the exhaust manifold pre-turbo.
Stock MAF, although I have an RS4 MAF ready to go in. Current MAF is up to 4.7V so is near saturation.
I have a dash AFR gauge too, so I keep an eye on it. Currently running 11.8 at WOT.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 12:20:27 PM »

So at which point should I stop raising boost if everything else is in check? Is there a threshold timing angle above 3k RPM that should not be retarded further?

Compressor map will give you a ballpark idea where the turbo runs out of breath, but only a dyno will tell you for sure.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: