Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rosstech, and FTDI cables.  (Read 2717 times)
mattytdi

« on: December 14, 2017, 01:02:04 PM »

Good day all.
I'm hoping to get some concise answers to this query.

First, should genuine rosstech (HEX-CAN, Dual-k & CAN<->USB) cable be able to connect with me7.5 in boot mode?

Second question.
I purchased a VAG KKL 409.1 interface cable. Cable shows as FTDI and is supported for Nefmoto licencing.
Following the manufacturers links to install drivers, took me to a place in AUDIZINE that suggested 409.1 must be used through windows xp mode.

Question is, must I use windows xp in order to use the VAG KKL 409.1 FTDI cable?
Thanks for your time and knowledge.

KasperH

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 11:10:27 PM »

I use nefmoto and silver cable/blue dongle KKL cable in windows 7 without any problems Smiley
mattytdi

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 08:04:31 PM »

That's good to know.
And is Galleto absolutely required for bootmode interaction?

In the past I managed to get my me7.5 in to bootmode and re-load maps after loading bad bin files.
Put the ecu into bootmode on a few different occasions without any real difficulty, while ecu was connected to the car. So through OBD port.

From what I've read, unless I've missed something, Rosstech cable shouldn't work in bootmode. But mine saved me a few times, as It was the only cable I had at that time.
Most recent bad load, I was unable to get into bootmode, or if the ecu was in bootmode, I was unable to connect.

All my recoveries in the past were performed by reloading .bin with nefmoto, in boot mode.
Does that sound pretty standard...?
Thanks again.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 10:39:48 PM »

the s4wiki covers all of this in detail, all containing links to nefmoto about using galletto software with non-galetto cables.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: