Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Few questions???  (Read 2377 times)
Jozua

« on: October 21, 2018, 06:20:57 AM »

Im new in all of this from South Africa and Afrikaans so be patient.

1. Which ecus can be cross flashed with 8E0909518AT? Cant find xdf.
2. Somewhere I read about  difficulty reading some of the Audi A4 B6 1.8T ecus cant get it to read with borrowed Rosstech cable. Any tips or tricks?
3. Are Xdf's compatible to other bins that are compatible to be cross flashed?
4. Best way and reference to make my own xdf? I do have a kp file to use.

Thanks for a great site Im been reading for days and cant get enough.
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 06:31:50 AM »

The north american 518ak share many map locations and I do believe version 004 of the am lines up exactly with the 518at. For what it's worth you can cross flash to the North American 518ak withoit problem. Using nefmoto flasher you can use a ft232rl chipset obd to usb clone vcds / kkl cable or a real rosstech cable in dumb mode with nefmoto flasher. Look on eBay and find yourself a clone choppy of mpps v18. V18 is by far the best bang for your buck. If you flash with nefmoto and you have a bad write you will not be able to recover the bricked ecu. With mpps you can bootmode recover with the same cable. Also v18 writes Eeprom too witch you'll most likely use down the line

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Jozua

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 07:34:18 AM »

Thanks alot the current cable do have the 232rl chip did al the drivers and vpc ect. No go ftdi echo fault. Will try other cables.
am sw 0004 are the bfb  b7 model. Thanks. Got 2 x A4 b6 1.8T 140kw wife's want to do Stage 1 MINE stage 3+
Will do as you suggested.

Where did u find the knowledge about the ecu compatibility and crossflashing?
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 02:42:18 AM »

Where did u find the knowledge about the ecu compatibility and crossflashing?
Trial and error

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: