Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SOLVED: Please help, my ECU is in security lock.  (Read 6820 times)
hellyhans

« on: August 16, 2012, 06:35:33 PM »

Hey guys, first post Smiley
Phil from Montreal, Canada
I've been reading alot here in the past months and got alot of usefull info.

Car is a mk4 GTI AWP with a 06A906032LP ECU

My issue is, I screwed up last night. Car now has a different immo and I can't reflash with nefmoto because of the security check! ( I accidentally flashed the wrong bin! )
I have a couple of .Bin's I was analyzing lately with WinOLS and comparing them with my ECU to see what my Tune is like.( I'm not happy with the tune the car has and the company who tuned it doesn't exist anymore)

Well I was checking out a 032DL tune that had a flat foot shift with left foot braking....

My error was when I re-flashed my car.. I put the 032DL tune in my ECU and I didn't notice until I tried to start the car, immo doesn't match of course and the car doesn't start.

I know.. I was dumb... it was late...
I flashed my car many times before, and now it just says something like "immo does not match" and Nefmoto doesn't want to reflash over... Undecided

I only have an alphabid OBD2 cable and no other cable.. I don't have galleto cable nor a real ross-tech cable.

What can I do to reflash my stock Bin? Is there another program I can use to flash that uses the dumb interface cable?

I tried
Vag Tacho
MPPS
Car Tool
ECU Flash tool
Byteshooter etc...
but all these programs require their own cable...

What are my options here?
This weekend I will make myself a bench setup so I can play with the ECU @ home.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:12:14 AM by hellyhans » Logged
Stompen

2002 Audi A4 1.8T

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 09:45:05 PM »

I`m guessing a galetto cable from ebay is your best bet. If you can`t reflash with nefmoto, bootmode or desoldering is your only option.

Get a cheap galletto cable from ebay. Smiley
hellyhans

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 06:53:07 AM »

I`m guessing a galetto cable from ebay is your best bet. If you can`t reflash with nefmoto, bootmode or desoldering is your only option.

Get a cheap galletto cable from ebay. Smiley

Would I be able to reflash my stock .bin file with galletto?
Would I have to put the ECU on a bench?
Do I need to go into bootmode? I have read on here that I need to take the ECU OUT of bootmode and because of the failed checksum decribed in this thread.
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=265.0

What about a MPPS cable? would that be easier since I have read here that it by-passes the ECU security check?

hellyhans

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 07:06:23 AM »

The boot mode procedure says

"You now need to touch PIN 24 on the flash chip (800BB) "

I have ME7 AM29F800 not the ME7 AM29F800BB, is it the same procedure?

Also, It is not recommended to perform normal flashing in boot mode as it does not clear the "Error is P0601- Internal Control Module - Memory Checksum error." DTC

I would still be ablt to flash my stock bin and then go into nefmoto and clear the DTC I guess???

http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki/index.php/ECU_Boot_Mode
prj

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 09:50:48 AM »

Yea you need to put it on the bench and bench flash it with Galletto.
Alternatively, desolder the chip using hot air or chipquik and re-program it in a programmer.

Ideally, you would have access to these tools before you start flashing your ECU.
That was your stupid mistake. The fact that you flashed the wrong bin onto it can happen to anybody - but you must have the tools to recover.

MPPS does not care about immo, but I can not guarantee 100% it will work for you. Just order both.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
hellyhans

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 10:02:08 AM »

Yea you need to put it on the bench and bench flash it with Galletto.
Alternatively, desolder the chip using hot air or chipquik and re-program it in a programmer.

Ideally, you would have access to these tools before you start flashing your ECU.
That was your stupid mistake. The fact that you flashed the wrong bin onto it can happen to anybody - but you must have the tools to recover.

MPPS does not care about immo, but I can not guarantee 100% it will work for you. Just order both.

Yeah I think I'm going to get a galleto AND a MPPS cable for the fun of it..
I know the ECU is not corrupt, it's just the security mode is not letting me flash my stock .bin

The car anyways right now is not my daily driver, it's a future rally car my friend and I are building. It's stripped at the moment, so I'm in no rush.

Concerning galleto, I don't see in the program ME7 AM29F800 Memory Layout, all I see is the AM29F800BB, won't this cause me a problem when I got reflash my ECU with my stock bin?

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 10:03:48 AM by hellyhans » Logged
prj

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 10:49:47 AM »

The chip inside the ECU is an AMF29F800BB.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
hellyhans

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 05:11:52 AM »

UPDATE:

Problem resolved.

I reflashed my original .Bin with a generic MPPS v12 cable. It worked but the car would not start.

The Immo was not flashing anymore like before in the dash, so that proved that the ECU had the original Immo data from my .Bin ,VCDS showed no  DTC's but it was still like the car was in Immo mode ( or ECU lock )

I tried Nefmoto and it would not read because ECU was still in security lock.

My solution to this was to unplug the battery, touch the poles together to drain caps, plug battery back and car started !

Now, I need to find out hwo to disable the Immo in my original .Bin! so I can get rid of the key!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: