Pages: [1]
Author Topic: maf scaling/swapping tables etc...  (Read 2771 times)
dilly

« on: April 04, 2020, 06:53:11 PM »

my friend decided to equip his car with tt 225 hardware. tt injectors, ko4 and maf housing(tt) but with stock awp sensor.
now of course swapping every tt table i could over, the car runs weird lean trims etc. i noticed a thread from 2011 here nyet mentioning how if you change the sensor the mlhfm should go with it.
so the awp sensor in the tt housing both with the tt values and tried scaling it too but the ecu is hating it.

should the tt sensor be used with the stock values and adjust from there if need be for simplicity sake?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 07:21:27 PM »

None of what you said I can make head or tails of

MLHFM and MLOFS have to match the MAF/housing.

KRKTE/TVUB have to match injectors.

That's all

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 07:23:09 PM »

Sensors are the same
Go on with the factory mlhfm kfkhfm values
dilly

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 08:04:49 PM »

None of what you said I can make head or tails of

MLHFM and MLOFS have to match the MAF/housing.

KRKTE/TVUB have to match injectors.

That's all

yeah that's my fault i typed in circles.
what i meant to say is all maps were transferred from a bam file to the 032 hs ecu he has. the trims go sky high lean under load and doesnt run very smooth.
now exploring the xdf's i noticed in the xdf im using, the conversion was different from the bam file considering the values were not negative like they should be. redid the conversion and noticed how far off the table was. i re did mlhfm and i'm going to see how it goes tomorrow.

now that you said they must match the housing, the tt sensor is not needed correct? just the values?
Auriaka

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 08:24:17 PM »

Im pretty sure the TT sensor and the AWM sensor are differant as the TT sensor is same size as a VR6 sensor. Back when I tried to use maestro is had a dropdown for mafs for TT/vr6.

In any regards, you are going to have to use all the Matching hardware that the TT file had if you are literally copying the factory one over otherwise you are inducing error.

You would have to go through EVERY map or a good deal of them due to dependencies. I know the PID setup between AWM and TT is very differant, the BAM and BFV files have differant codewords set which augments how it does calculations so that values wont line up calculation wise unless you match the codewords.

Similar situation with the RS4 and S4, RS4 has a particular codeword involving the boost control set and S4 does not. I dont remember exactly what it is straight off as I dont have one but I have seen it pop up in posts a couple times
dilly

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2020, 08:35:05 PM »

Im pretty sure the TT sensor and the AWM sensor are differant as the TT sensor is same size as a VR6 sensor. Back when I tried to use maestro is had a dropdown for mafs for TT/vr6.

In any regards, you are going to have to use all the Matching hardware that the TT file had if you are literally copying the factory one over otherwise you are inducing error.

You would have to go through EVERY map or a good deal of them due to dependencies. I know the PID setup between AWM and TT is very differant, the BAM and BFV files have differant codewords set which augments how it does calculations so that values wont line up calculation wise unless you match the codewords.

Similar situation with the RS4 and S4, RS4 has a particular codeword involving the boost control set and S4 does not. I dont remember exactly what it is straight off as I dont have one but I have seen it pop up in posts a couple times

not that it changes your theory but it is an awp engine he has. i misread what nyet said. i read it too fast and took it as the values have to match the housing. i read it slower and saw he said the sensor and the housing. so i will have him get a bam sensor and we can go from there
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: