Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Beetle 2.5L swap and MT conversion: ME 7.1.1 07K 906 032 CH -> AD  (Read 1221 times)
lemonsshawn

Hi all,

I'm swapping a 2.5L motor into a 2002 New Beetle with an existing ME7.5/immo3. I haven't found a MT Beetle donor, so I have an ECU from an AT car (it's an ME 7.1.1 07K906032CH). My understanding is that the software is drastically different between the AT and MT cars and I will need to change the software in order to complete my swap. I think the software that I should be going to is the 07K906023AD for the BPS non-PZEV motors. In the process, I believe I also need to defeat the IMMO, as my understanding is that the 2006-7 ECU donor has immo4 so I likely can't adapt the ECU to the existing setup? I think part of this process with the CH->AD conversion would be also making the EEPROM file and internal flash and external flash all agree in order to proceed to defeating the IMMO?

I don't see an AD file on the original ECU files forum, so I think my first step from here is to post in the requests forum and failing that, get my hands on an AD ECU? If I got an AD file, would I be able to get it immo off'd and then write it to my ECU successfully, or do I need additional files/steps to make immo4 happy with the other flashes?
lemonsshawn

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 05:55:14 AM »

So I have an AD ECU on the way. It looks like I'll be able to read/write the 95160 EEPROM in boot mode with me7_eeprom and then proceed in the normal way with immo off.

Is there a way to read the CPU internal flash as well as the external flash so that I can back this up and possibly clone to my existing CH as well? It looks like the "standard" here is KTAG but I can't justify the price for just one job on my ECU (I can buy a lot of AD ECUs for the price.

FWIW, it looks like a lot of these 7.1.1 ECUs are ST10s but the CH I have my hands on currently has an Infineon chip instead, is there a common search term for non-ST10 7.1.1s? Searching "Infineon" or any of the numbers on the chip yielded little fruit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: