Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HPFP pump upgrade from CAWB to CCZB , rail pressure too high  (Read 2086 times)
curamrdan

« on: October 17, 2023, 06:56:39 AM »

Hello, have there a Scirocco 2.0tsi CAWB , came with non upgradable HP pump, so we manage to get new hitachi one from later model and fit VIS upgrade internals. Fitted onto engine with new vacuum pump housing. But now at idle is there almost 200bar of pressure and high pitch noise. No mater of regulator on the pump connected or reversed polarity.
Ecu has only modified the VHDP and RQUAHDPK to better match the VIS piston.

Did someone met this problem?
curamrdan

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2023, 04:27:31 PM »

So this is the issue described by someone else:
https://www.hpacademy.com/forum/general-tuning-discussion/show/volkswagen-2-0t-tsi-cawa-cawb-cbfa-ccta-sgdi-tsi-pnp-di-pressure-high-overheating

Looked throught the some relevant HDR/MSV/HDEV maps and parameters between CCZB file, but find noting exactly different, so im bit lost now(can be "hardcoded"?).  I can try to bench flash CCZB backup i have from different car onto this one, but who know if ecu itself is the same and if so, then a lot of work rewrite already done settings, buy another vehical licence.... damn...
curamrdan

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2023, 04:46:33 PM »

In the FR i found (translated):
With Hitachi MSV III in the project, SY_MSVKOMP must be set to 4 in addition to MFVLV_CDRVCALCENBL_SY > 0.
And probably also MFVLVFL_SY = 1

Can i do it somehow in calibration data only?
cherry

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2023, 05:47:25 PM »

Most likely your pump is defective. With disconnected plug it´s always full delivery rate, the noise is mechanical from safety valve. Something is wrong in your pump, either mechanical or electrical...
cherry

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2023, 06:03:17 PM »

Ah, opened the link now. I think your old pump was working similar to HPFP installed in MED9 cars, e.g. BWA, CDL, etc. These cars supply regulator valve with voltage to get more delivery. The other pump is working vice versa. So it will be always in fuel delivery now riding the safety valve. Did you already compare such file? Maybe you can just use other ecu file instead of fix your file?
curamrdan

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2023, 08:17:49 AM »

After several attempts, managed to flash CCZB file, immo deatctivated to get engine started. Fuel presure correct. Now issue is, that ecu throwing P3096 checksum error (which first leads to DBW malfunction, but flashed same file again by OBD MPPS and DBW started working, dont know why, i think that maybe checksum calc fault due OTP secion of memory vs file where these section was different...but as cksm error is still present...)

Do anybody know, if i can just kill chksm DTC message and dont worry about any non start condition later on? Tprot is disabled.
Dmitrii-VR6T

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2023, 10:40:46 PM »

Hello, have there a Scirocco 2.0tsi CAWB , came with non upgradable HP pump, so we manage to get new hitachi one from later model and fit VIS upgrade internals. Fitted onto engine with new vacuum pump housing. But now at idle is there almost 200bar of pressure and high pitch noise. No mater of regulator on the pump connected or reversed polarity.
Ecu has only modified the VHDP and RQUAHDPK to better match the VIS piston.

Did someone met this problem?

I faced to this problem than I made CCZB engine from CAWA. If you will read VW SSP from Bosch and Hitachi HPFP you will see that they have different control signal logic. When one gives plus another one gives neutral (ground).
Also CCZB ecu have another internals (it has wide band lambda control controller instead narrow band one in CAWA/CAWB/CCTA/CCTB ecu). Also CCZB engine has another exhaust camshaft with another lobe lift profile and you need to change it too for proper work of CCZB HPFP.

You can read it here with google translate https://www.drive2.ru/l/527973115225965414/
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 10:42:57 PM by Dmitrii-VR6T » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: