Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AFR Issues with Deka 630cc FI114961 Injectors  (Read 1035 times)
Razorte

« on: July 08, 2024, 01:25:34 AM »

DELETE
« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 10:56:59 PM by nyet » Logged
eg4

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2024, 01:50:44 AM »

Have you tuned fkkvs?

These injectors are not linear
prj

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2024, 02:09:50 AM »

Why would you use these shit injectors in 2024?
Because cheap?
They are not suitable for anything except a large truck engine, because TEMIN is 1.5ms according to manufacturer and below that their behaviour is unspecified.

Buy Bosch EV14 injectors and forget these. Even if you get them running OK-ish, it will take between 6 months to a year until you will have a ton of misfires around idle.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Razorte

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2024, 03:55:11 AM »

In fact, I made a post in this group and got confirmation that it was indeed possible to fix the issue and achieve "normal" behavior. I would just like some help on how to do it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 10:57:15 PM by nyet » Logged
prj

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2024, 06:52:02 AM »

In fact, I made a post in this group and got confirmation that it was indeed possible to fix the issue and achieve "normal" behavior. I would just like some help on how to do it.

It is not possible.
The injectors do not work below 1.5ms after few years and there is constant misfires.

Linearization is possible to not have it lean (FKKVS and ESUK), but the car will always run like shit on idle.
Also your TEMIN is way too high for the injectors, because you need much lower than 1.4ms for idle.
But of course the injectors are not rated below 1.5ms...

Log your car properly.
Razorte

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2024, 12:10:32 PM »

It seems that I was mistaken; the TEMIN is indeed well below 1.5. On this site, I found information that it is at 0.981.
https://www.ms4x.net/index.php?title=Fuel_Injector_Deadtimes
« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 10:57:28 PM by nyet » Logged
prj

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2024, 10:19:53 PM »

It seems that I was mistaken; the TEMIN is indeed well below 1.5. On this site, I found information that it is at 0.981.
https://www.ms4x.net/index.php?title=Fuel_Injector_Deadtimes

You still don't get it.
The OEM specified TEMIN is above 1.5ms.
The injectors are not specified to run below 1.5ms effective opening time, so about 2.5ms total time.

This makes them suitable only for large displacement NA engines (usually industrial I6) where the injectors are open above 1.5ms TE or ~2.5ms TI on idle and light load conditions.

Your TEMIN with 630cc injectors needs to be most likely at around 0.7ms to not have rich spots on very light load conditions.
Because the manufacturer specifies that minimum TEMIN should be around 1.5ms, these injectors are not suitable for application on small turbocharged engines. End of story.

Any Bosch EV14 injectors below 1000cc will work well, because they work reliably down to 1.5ms TI (~0.5ms TE).
Unlike these Dekas their application includes small turbocharged engines.

It's pretty fucked up you're tuning someone else's car while you don't even understand how an injector works.
This Deka story on here was discussed over 10 years ago.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2024, 10:22:49 PM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
Razorte

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2024, 11:52:36 PM »

I understood your recommendation to change the injectors, but my friend doesn't want to, so I managed to patch the problem and achieve normal behavior by only modifying FKKVS.

What I did was (CC_ORIGIN / CC_NEW) * 100 and I take the inverse, so in my case, (301 / 670) * 100 = 45. Therefore, I take the FKKVS table and reduce everything in the table by 55%.

I think it's not the best way to do it, far from it, but it has the merit of making the vehicle usable in stage 2 e85, and my friend is very happy with it. No more issues with stalling or unstable idle, we'll see how it holds up over time.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 10:57:38 PM by nyet » Logged
_nameless

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2024, 05:16:18 AM »

I understood your recommendation to change the injectors, but my friend doesn't want to, so I managed to patch the problem and achieve normal behavior by only modifying FKKVS.

What I did was (CC_ORIGIN / CC_NEW) * 100 and I take the inverse, so in my case, (301 / 670) * 100 = 45. Therefore, I take the FKKVS table and reduce everything in the table by 55%.

I think it's not the best way to do it, far from it, but it has the merit of making the vehicle usable in stage 2 e85, and my friend is very happy with it. No more issues with stalling or unstable idle, we'll see how it holds up over time.
LMAO that's what's what krkte is for...

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Razorte

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2024, 05:54:22 AM »

LMAO that's what's what krkte is for...

I tried but I didn't get good results with KRKTE.

Alright, I've had enough of this forum that doesn't provide any help.
I'm deleting everything and moving to a forum with real help.

I'm done wasting my time.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 06:23:39 AM by Razorte » Logged
prj

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2024, 06:43:33 AM »

KRKTE is literally the same exact thing as multiplying the whole table lol.

Log your car properly.
_nameless

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2024, 07:15:22 AM »

What have you actually added that's of any value? Bragging about how you incorrectly scaled the injectors, others correct you and you act like a little bitch. Thankyou, please go away and take your shit posts with you. Clearly your "calculations" for krkte are completely wrong and somehow you got closer by butchering a fine correction table that is intended for correcting any irregularities with injector linearisation.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 07:31:41 AM by _nameless » Logged

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Spen Holder

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2024, 09:10:27 PM »

What a pretentious prick
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2024, 10:56:31 PM »

No, i wont' be deleting this, it has valuable information.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2024, 02:26:08 AM »

Aaaaaaaand you're more than welcome to fuck right off. Good riddance, this forum doesn't need noobs like you who prove time and again that they're totally clueless AND they ignore the help that others provide to them entirely for free. It's you who's wasting others time, not the other way around.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: