Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hello from the Netherlands!  (Read 374 times)
Thisso

« on: October 08, 2024, 05:27:48 PM »

Hey y'all, I'm Thisso. Some of you may know me from the Lexus LS400 and Peugeot 106/205 scene in respectively USA and Europe.

My main purpose on this forum right now is to help my friend fix his W639 OM642 Viano. All the hardware mods have been done, but the software here will cost him a lot. It also seems these "tuners" simply turn off the DTC's for the hardware in question, which I can do too, but I won't charge him 600 euros like they do. I've confirmed this through analyzing read files from people I know from said tuners.

On the other hand, I've got a lot of interest about ECU tuning in general. I don't own any cars with tunable ECU's, but my friends do and I've got a China MPPS clone. Plenty of 1.8T's around and maybe soon a 1.9 TDI, and ITB'd VW 1.6 16v! My personal preference are French cars though. I've currently got a rusted out and rodknocking 106 GTI which is my next project. After that... I'd love to build me a diesel speedboat or a tax free diesel 205 GTI clone. Both with a 2.0 HDi or maybe a BMW M51 for the boat. Maybe I'll build the rodknocked 106 engine for a turbo and (of course) tune it myself... I've never bought a car that ran or ran well. They've all been abused strays that I fixed up, including nearly complete engine rebuilds like I did with my LS400. In the process I've acquired a lot of knowledge, software, instinct. But enough about me.

The next step is understanding ECU's. I've been lurking here for some time. Reading a ton online has completely changed the way I think about cars and engines and especially what I want to do with them in the future. I especially want to thank y'all for the 1.8T files I've studied and info like the EDC16 documentation PDF.

I hope to see you around!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: