Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: FKKVS-please explanation  (Read 25704 times)
prj

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2012, 01:40:53 AM »

I've tuned them. On 91oct, you run out of injector almost immediately.

It makes 450 hp before you do.
And I am making 500+ on meth with IDC to spare.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2012, 02:37:40 AM »

I said 91oct. No meth. Not sure why you absolutely have to turn this into an e-peen contest. It's stupid, off topic, and counter productive. We all know exactly what stage3 cars can do. It isn't rocket science, and it doesn't take special ability to tune a K04 car, let alone a K04 car with meth.

You seen one K04 tune, you've seen them all.

Fuel. Timing. Boost. Not magic, not special pro tuner sauce. I definitely don't know what "before you do means", but like I said, im uninterested in e-peen contests.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 02:42:36 AM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2012, 03:42:22 AM »

I never turned it into an e-peen contest, you just said a stock RS4 is weak, I just said that you have never driven one. And I was right Smiley
As for that dyno chart - there are a lot of things wrong with it - I've seen it before, and you can choose to believe in fairytales if you like, but this is irrelevant to this discussion.

Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2012, 06:03:52 PM »

Stock RS4 is weak. Like I said, not enough injector to run more than 18psi at redline. 350 wheel on 91oct, at best. Give it some real injectors, and it makes the same power as a k04'd S4. There isn't anything magical about the RS4.

Not sure where you got your information from about whether i've tuned one or not.

As for that dyno chart - there are a lot of things wrong with it - I've seen it before, and you can choose to believe in fairytales if you like, but this is irrelevant to this discussion.

Obviously absolute dyno numbers mean nothing - the only thing that matters is relative numbers.

Would you like to see a chart from an RS4 on the same dyno?

Gee, what is wrong with that fuel curve after 6000 rpm? Could it be the injectors are maxed?

Why are you so defensive? We're all on the same team here. No need to get all riled up.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 06:15:52 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
jibberjive

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2012, 08:09:35 PM »

I'm curious about that RS4 dyno. So the red line is dead stock, right?  Did you happed to be logging at the same time as the stock run?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2012, 08:18:10 PM »

I have no idea. It was the existing tune when we got the car on the dyno. I don't think it was stock.

ECUx Plot

prj

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2012, 05:40:34 AM »

Stock RS4 is weak. Like I said, not enough injector to run more than 18psi at redline.

Your RS4's fuel pump is probably dead or on it's way out.
I've run 20 psi at 95 IDC to redline on mine for close to a year, before I fitted a meth kit, but I have a 044.

312whp is 100% stock on RS4. Or there is something wrong with the car.
In fact if you maxed out IDC at only 18 psi, there is 100% something wrong with the car.

And I can surely say this, because I have mapped a few of them.
As for your dyno numbers - you don't make 500 crank nor 450 whp with 5-12 timing at the boost.
Instead of king kong banging on your chest, an experienced tuner would look at the numbers, realize that something is a miss and then inspect the base settings on the dyno that were made for that run.

However, this probably did not even occur to you. Nor do you care as long as you can wave your e-peen around.
I wonder what my car would make on that dyno, as I am running more boost and more than twice the timing than you are - on the "weak" stock injectors.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 05:54:55 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2012, 11:20:16 AM »

Your RS4's fuel pump is probably dead or on it's way out.

Could be. But i've done several other S4's with RS4 injectors, and they all ran out of fuel at 18 psi, a few with new fuel pumps (including 044)

I've run 20 psi at 95 IDC to redline on mine for close to a year, before I fitted a meth kit, but I have a 044.

What AFR?

312 hp is 100% stock on RS4

I'm unsure of the original "tune". I'd guess from the fueling that it wasn't much different from stock. It might even have been stock. It definitely wasn't very strong. BTW stock S4s do about 200-205 wheel on that dyno.

Or there is something wrong with the car.
In fact if you maxed out IDC at only 18 psi, there is 100% something wrong with the car.

Could be.

you don't make 500 crank nor 450 whp with 5-12 timing at the boost

Road pull with ECUxPlot says around 400. Shrug. I'm actually uninterested in absolute numbers; I'm only comparing it with other cars on the same dyno. Honestly, I'm not here to say my car is fast. Just observing that rs4 injectors aren't as big as, well, bigger injectors. Go figure.

I wonder what my car would make on that dyno, as I am running more boost and more than twice the timing than you are - on the "weak" stock injectors.

You're welcome to visit any time. I'd love to tune a few cars with you as well.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:22:09 AM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

prj

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2012, 12:31:41 PM »

Could be. But i've done several other S4's with RS4 injectors, and they all ran out of fuel at 18 psi, a few with new fuel pumps (including 044)
Well, I've tuned several RS4's and none of them ran out of fuel at 18 psi, unless you ran something like 10.5 AFR.
I run about 11.8-11.7 AFR on them to redline and there is enough room to enrich to 11.1-11.3, as that is what I run in BTS. 19-20 psi.
Road pull with ECUxPlot says around 400. Shrug. I'm actually uninterested in absolute numbers; I'm only comparing it with other cars on the same dyno. Honestly, I'm not here to say my car is fast. Just observing that rs4 injectors aren't as big as, well, bigger injectors. Go figure.
My point is just that something is wrong with that number. Either it was made in a low gear, the dyno had incorrect loading or there was overcorrection for some reason.
I've mapped enough 2.7T that I know they don't make that power at 5-12 timing and boost.
My RS4 runs 14-25 timing at 1.7 taper 1.5 and I would not rate my car much over 500 crank... Then again, I have up to 550cc of pure meth going into the engine (50/50 mix and 1100cc total flow.)
IDC stable at 95% and no EGT issues.

I am not trying to have a dig at you, I am all for people making power, it's just to me there is something wrong with that graph, and I don't like you saying that a stock RS4 is "weak" when clearly there was something wrong with fuel delivery on that car...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 12:38:09 PM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: