Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2.7T Software Compatibility?  (Read 5742 times)
nrowensby

« on: November 23, 2012, 12:17:54 PM »

I'm looking for information on coding out the emissions systems on my 01 allroad; I have read in other threads that you can flash S4 bin files to the allroad ECU, but was curious on how you determine which 2.7T bin's are actually compatible with which ECU's?
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 01:18:13 PM »

I posted in your file request thread as well. You should first attempt a read of your original flash before attempting to flash another bin to your ecu. In addition, make a backup of your 95040 eprom (contains immobilizer data) just in case. Download the tool off the site (argdub's, it's stickied). After that, you can try flashing another file. Important things to take note of are:

You flash a TIP file (mbox is for a manual trans)
You flash a file that has the same MAF type as you do (hitachi vs bosch, the maf tables and offset are changed)

That said, there are quite a few good base tunes on here for tip cars, none of which will have your exact sw version. PM me for suggestions.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
jibberjive

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 08:05:36 PM »

Julex on here is running an S4 m-box file in his allroad.  I've flashed a modified S4 L-box on my sister's allroad, been running great for the past year. In addition to the maps above, you'll also want to pay attention to the AIMVM and NVQUOT (gear detection) maps.

If you're a tip, shoot me a pm and I'd be willing to give you my file with those already modified and O2's coded out.
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 08:22:21 PM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=540.90

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
prj

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 05:38:25 AM »

All other ME7.1 1mb files are compatible.
ME7.1.1 aren't - so it is a good idea to check if your 01 allroad has ME7.1 or ME7.1.1

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 05:54:20 AM »

4z7907551k=me7.1

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
prj

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 06:40:29 AM »

In that case pretty much any software can be used, but I would keep this one unless you go Stage 3.
There is no real point to change it.

Especially switching to a software for a B5 shell, as many calibrations will be a bit off then.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 07:18:06 AM »

The only benefit I can see would be the availability of definition files.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: