Pages: [1]
Author Topic: help?  (Read 4616 times)
Surferkirsch

« on: December 11, 2012, 05:28:00 AM »

Okay so i need to make my own tune.. but MTX is not supporting their product. I bought the plugin for tuner pro back in october, told them it didnt work, and havent had them resopond to any of my emails since october. Im pissed. I should be pissed. They sent me a VAG.key file. Anyone else get a .key file? I tried using it as is, and tried changing it to .dll nothing works. Also tried it on 3 different computers, nothing. I need this to work. I cant seem to find a tune to use, as i have been using other peoples tunes since then. I just threw K04s on my blue s4, (logs attached) and it will blow a gallon of gas in about ten seconds. I also cannot seem to find whats wrong with my Timing on cylinder 2 (logs attached) ive changed plugs, and the coil, but it still seems too high. I cant even run this tune i do not feel too happy to try and run no egts, since the last set of turbos burnt the turbine edges off.
prj

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 07:39:00 AM »

The key file goes into the same folder as the plugin .dll that you have.
My Documents\TunerPro Files\plugins
Then you need to add the checksum to the xdf too.

Nothing wrong with cyl2 timing at all on that log, what makes you think that?
You need to get ME7Logger working and make proper logs.

From there, you can either:
1. Keep flashing random files that do not match your hardware and wait until your engine melts.
2. Learn to tune - judging by your statements, I think you need to learn a bit more about internal combustion engines first, before delving into this whole ECU business, else nothing will make sense and you will be forever stuck changing random numbers without knowing what you are doing.
3. Pay for a tune.

Which will it be?

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
AARDQ

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 09:51:26 AM »

Okay so i need to make my own tune.. but MTX is not supporting their product. I bought the plugin for tuner pro back in october, told them it didnt work, and havent had them resopond to any of my emails since october. Im pissed. I should be pissed. They sent me a VAG.key file. Anyone else get a .key file? I tried using it as is, and tried changing it to .dll nothing works. Also tried it on 3 different computers, nothing. I need this to work. I cant seem to find a tune to use, as i have been using other peoples tunes since then. I just threw K04s on my blue s4, (logs attached) and it will blow a gallon of gas in about ten seconds. I also cannot seem to find whats wrong with my Timing on cylinder 2 (logs attached) ive changed plugs, and the coil, but it still seems too high. I cant even run this tune i do not feel too happy to try and run no egts, since the last set of turbos burnt the turbine edges off.

You also need a base file (i.e. correct checksum) in the root directory, named as MTX requires.  If you're on Win7 with UAC activated, you may need to either disable UAC or share the root directory to allow access.  Not entirely sure if this is necessary, but I've run into all kinds of problems working with files I personally added to the root with UAC active and I'm pretty sure I needed to take this action to get the plugin to work.  Needs to be the right type, ME7 or 7.1.  MTX calls the latter '2002' or some such.
prj

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 11:29:12 AM »

You also need a base file (i.e. correct checksum) in the root directory, named as MTX requires.  If you're on Win7 with UAC activated, you may need to either disable UAC or share the root directory to allow access.  Not entirely sure if this is necessary, but I've run into all kinds of problems working with files I personally added to the root with UAC active and I'm pretty sure I needed to take this action to get the plugin to work.  Needs to be the right type, ME7 or 7.1.  MTX calls the latter '2002' or some such.

I don't think you have to do any of this for M-box or the older ME7's.
At least I never do and it always works fine.

Log your car properly.
AARDQ

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 11:54:38 AM »

I don't think you have to do any of this for M-box or the older ME7's.
At least I never do and it always works fine.

Weird.  It's in the read me that is zipped with the plugin, but now that I look at the e-mailed instructions from MTX, it isn't mentioned.
prj

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 11:56:27 AM »

As I said, I never did this, and it works fine...
Just load a ME7.1 file with incorrect checksum in, hit save and it's done if the plugin was added to the XDF...

Maybe with some other version of the plugin (2002) or other ECU's there is a problem...
I just got the 7.1 one for personal use for contributions to this website.

I think that OP's problem could be that the plugin is not added to the XDF or the key file is not in the same directory as the plugin.

Log your car properly.
phila_dot

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 02:54:29 PM »

I've never done this with the ME7 or 2002 plugin.

Op needs to download the plugin from the website and then follow the instructions in prj's first post.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: