Pages: [1]
Author Topic: cluster adaptation for m-box results in no tach signal, still p1650  (Read 11269 times)
ddillenger

Curious as to why this would happen. My ecu is a k-box flashed with an m-box file. I have no codes other than p1650. I have used vag-com to go to instrument cluster adaptation, and checked channel 60. The stored value of 0 results in everything working, but a persistent p1650. Changing the value to 1025 causes the tach to zero out, as well as the oil light to come on, and the DIS to display "press clutch to start engine" even when the car is started.  1027 works, but gives an error for no TCU present (its a m6 car, so coding the cluster for an auto is pointless) and the p1650 persists. Anyone have any comments?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 12:17:03 PM by nyet » Logged

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
smeege

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 01:53:59 PM »

First, I haven't noticed any negative effects from this code being stored, not even a MIL.
If you are doing this on a RS4 (k-box), you probably need to change the coding for the ECU. If you do have a RS4, I don't think running a m-box file on it is a good idea. Many people on this forum are working on porting the RS4 ECU over to work with m-box cars. It seems to me going from k-box to m-box is a big downgrade in software, and would require extra work just to get it back to stock RS4 performance.
smeege

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 01:58:49 PM »

This has lots of useful info:

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2169.15
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 02:27:07 PM »

My apologies, I have a 2000 audi a6 2.7t m6, with a 4B0907551K box. Not an rs4. I can see how that would be confusing.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
prj

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 04:07:53 PM »

Ah, so it's A6 K-box, not RS4...

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 07:12:21 PM »

I'm not worried about the code causing issues, I'd just like to fix it! Thanks for the help!

And yes, it's an a6 k box!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 03:32:33 PM »

If you do have a RS4, I don't think running a m-box file on it is a good idea. Many people on this forum are working on porting the RS4 ECU over to work with m-box cars. It seems to me going from k-box to m-box is a big downgrade in software, and would require extra work just to get it back to stock RS4 performance.

Unfortunately, until this work is completed, our only real alternative is to continue using the M box..

Personally, I haven't had an issue using M box (performance wise) but it does require the requisite ps_w limitation hacks (KFLF or MAF underscaling) to get it to work right.. but that is true with any 2.7t.

The only real issue is the airbox flapper... and potentially the cam position sensors (mbox only knows about one of them).

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 05:20:12 PM »

Unfortunately, until this work is completed, our only real alternative is to continue using the M box..
I personally think this is a fabricated pseudo problem.
You could flash your car to K-Box right now, all you need to do is kill the IMMO in the EEPROM and code out a couple DTC's.
And it would work perfectly. People have been doing this for a long time...

Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 08:51:51 PM »

I meant to tune. I have no interest in running a stock k-box, either on a real rs4, or an s4 Tongue

In which case i still need a .kp or asap2 map pack...

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 02:06:13 AM »

I meant to tune. I have no interest in running a stock k-box, either on a real rs4, or an s4 Tongue

In which case i still need a .kp or asap2 map pack...

I have meth and map switching off of the failsafe on my K-Box as well as NLS...
My car runs 23 taper 21 on K04's and makes nice power.

Why exactly can't you tune the K-Box? I have a pretty good generated xdf posted for it, only a few maps are missing / need correction in the grand scheme of things.

RS4Boost on here makes more than 600PS on K-box and he even posted his ols-project... as I said, don't see the problem.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 02:09:43 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
Normohl

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 08:53:27 AM »

Not that this will work for you, but when I changed my Abox to Mbox (kept the A just recode to M) I kept getting the same code I would delete it and it would immediately pop back up. I was logging one day and cleared the code while driving it, and it never came back again. I am sure its a slim chance it will work for you but surely worth a shot...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: