Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kilometer to Miles odometer conversions  (Read 7624 times)
processor

« on: December 28, 2012, 04:33:55 AM »

Hi all.
I am a newbie here and quite impressed by the forum.
Straight to the point:
I have a customer who needs car odometers converted from Kilometers to Miles.
I am only concerned about the odometer reading. The speed reading is taken care of by replacing the face of the instrument cluster.
Some of the easier ones I have figured out myself or in some cases just substituted a data dump from a Miles cluster into the Kilometer cluster.
Vehicles I am having problems with are the Toyota Corolla using a 93c86 eep and an MB90591GHZ micro, Ford Mondeo using a 9s12XHZ512VAL.
Some versions of the Mondeo with the 9S12x I can do with existing software via ODB but it does not recognise all versions.
I need someone to identify, within the dump, what data needs to be changed and where. The solution does not have to be for OBD as I can edit it manually.
I can provide datasets and, in some cases, instrument clusters in order to solve this and obviously I am prepared to pay for the info.
I know these are not VAG vehicles but by the look of it you guys would probably find this an easy project.
Does this sound like something that would interest you?
If so please let me know and we can talk further. This is an ongoing project so there will be other challenges throughout the year.
Thanks,
Processor.

processor

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 01:42:01 AM »

Can anyone shed some light on this for me ?
Thanks,
Processor.
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 02:11:36 AM »

It seems as though it would just be a case of loading a bin from a US spec car into the cluster. Do you have a picture of the boards/IC's of one of the clusters in question?

BTW-we now have a cluster/immobilizer section Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
processor

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 03:51:02 AM »

Thanks ddillenger I'll take it over to the cluster/immo forum.
Processor
jamie16v

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 06:28:28 PM »

it`s in soft coding and can be done with vag-com!
this thread might help.
sorry, should have read properly, NOT VAG Grin
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 06:31:45 PM by jamie16v » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: