Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AWP 1.8t tiptronic to manual- reflash auto ecu with manual file?  (Read 8177 times)
Lord_Verminaard

« on: November 12, 2013, 06:28:36 AM »

Hi all,

I have swapped out a dead Tiptronic for a manual transmission in an 02 Jetta Wagon 1.8t.  Originally I thought I would be able to recode the ECU for a manual, as in earlier ECU versions and TDI's I guess this is pretty easy to do, but I have found out that I cannot do it with this ECU version.  I pulled the ECU part number with VCDS and it is a 06A906032LQ.  Would it be possible to flash the file from a 06A906032PL ECU (since it has the same memory layout) and make it work?  I have been doing a lot of reading and it seems as though a few people have done this but they never post details, other than "I flashed the manual trans file and it works".  IMMOB shouldn't be an issue if the cluster and ECU serial are the same, right?

I was able to get a .bin of the original ECU just in case I brick it, and even then, if this won't work and I need a manual ECU anyway I guess it is no big deal....

Thanks for any insight anyone might have.
Brendan
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 09:41:41 AM »

032PL, 032LP, 032RN

All will work.

Good luck.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Lord_Verminaard

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 12:07:41 PM »

That's what I wanted to hear!  Cheesy

So no Immob. issues to worry about either?

Thanks so much!!

Brendan
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 02:37:02 PM »

If your immobilizer currently works, you will have no issues. Just to be safe though, backup your eeprom using argdubs tool, ME7_95040.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Lord_Verminaard

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 06:21:02 AM »

Success!  Flashed and car started up fine.  Ran VCDS, changed coding to manual, cleared codes, and no faults, ABS, ASR all good and no more complaining about TCM missing.  Smiley

Throttle body won't align but that is a different issue.  I did have one immobolizer error, but it could have been my fault, I had left the key in the ignition for a long time while I was reading.  I pulled the key and tried again and it was fine.

Thanks so much!  Going to do some more reading and see if I can successfully code out EVAP, SAI, CCV, etc..

Brendan
overspeed

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 11:58:13 AM »

Can you show how to code with VCDS ? ( I have an friend with same issue, just write an manual file, but need to code painel)
jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 04:52:26 PM »

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/338194-B5-A4-ECU-Recoding

Lost, No.. My minds around here somewhere..
Shh, I'm calling my mom.. "It's 3AM" SHH!
Mom, is there such a thing as kosher pork?
"I'm not bailing you out tonight"...
overspeed

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 02:59:51 PM »

Thaks !!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: