Pages: [1]
Author Topic: EDC15P ECU Boot Mode  (Read 5595 times)
n0ble

« on: December 13, 2013, 09:02:10 AM »

Hi All,

So i bought a cheap EDC15P ECU to practice with for boot mode and also to practice removing TSOP.

However my first aim before i move onto desoldering the TSOP is to gain bootmode.

Here is the ECU, it was removed from a Golf 1.9TDI 115BHP early 2000.

So here is what i have tried:

1. Manually connected MPPS lead to Ground, +12V and K-line - this allows me to run an ECU ID, but i cannot read a file from the ECU.
I keep getting a message to tell me to remove dash fuse, and i press OK but then MPPS fails.
I also tried (Slow Read - Recovery) from the options but this makes no difference.

2. I Manually wired up to Fgtech:
Green Wire - K-Line
then appropriate ground +12v cables.
When i hit ECU data, the bar quickly progresses to 100%, then it starts from 0%, goes to 14% then 28%, then i get an ECU Wake error.

3. With Fgtech again - Wired up the same as point 2 but i tried boot mode.
All Powered off with pin 24 grounded.
Power on and leave pin grounded.
Then try ECU data, this time it does not quickly go from 0-100%, but goes straight to the 14% then 28% cycle at which point i get the ECU wake error again.

I powered off the ECU then back on with the pin grounded this time for 10s and i get the same symptoms as above straight to 14% then 28% then fail.

After powering everything off, with no boot pin grounded the ECU now responds as it does in point 1 and 2.
What i have not tried yet is boot mode with MPPS, but i reckon i will get the same fault.

Is there something i am doing wrong or has anyone got any suggestions?
I want to get boot mode nailed before i move onto the eeprom desolder.

Thanks
n0ble

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 09:15:46 AM »

Now with picture.

Not sure this matters, but the car it came off was AJM code.

n0ble

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 02:02:31 AM »

After messing around I found that this ECU is not actually an EDC15P. EDC15P came in 2001.

This is a Bosch non descript moronic which cannot be written over OBD.

So I will continue to play and start practicing my desolder and resoldering skills. I may well kill the ECU but it doesn't matter as it was  very cheap.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: