Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Unlocking commercially chipped B5 S4 ecm for Nefmoto flash  (Read 4601 times)
OttoStadt

« on: December 10, 2013, 08:43:08 PM »

First time posting, please be kind, I'm getting mixed info from sources around me and search isn't helping.

I have a commercially tuned/chipped (soldered chip in ECM) ECM in a 2000 S4 that I just bought and I'm upgrading it to Stage 3 fueling (85mm hitachi MAF/630cc inj). K04s/clutch is already in the car.

can i use Nefmoto to flash the current chipped ECM I have to a different tune found in these forums?

I have been told that once an ECM has had a chip soldered it can't be flashed and that I should locate a new virgin ECM (which appears to be an issue both in the timeframe I have and that I'd like to save spending the money if I can)

Thanks for the help,
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 08:46:14 PM »

if there isn't a daughter card you can flash over it with boot mode.

if there is a daughter card, you will have to desolder it and replace it with a stock (or blank) flash chip.

if blank, you will need boot mode to flash over it.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
OttoStadt

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 08:49:15 PM »

i'm pretty sure I was give the stock chip (hope I didn't throw it away)

I'll open the ECM up tomorrow to see what's inside.

thanks again
OttoStadt

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 08:51:27 PM »

In order to flash in boot mode the only way of doing so is to have a Galletto interface correct?

nefmoto/rosstech cable in dumb mode won't work?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 09:00:57 PM »

In order to flash in boot mode the only way of doing so is to have a Galletto interface correct?

nefmoto/rosstech cable in dumb mode won't work?

You can use nef/rt cable as well, but you have to patch the galletto .exe

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=3088.0title=

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
OttoStadt

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 12:30:15 PM »

Hey Nyet,

So I'm working on this today, just opened up the ECM and I can't tell if anything was soldered inside (either way no daughter/out of place chip) there is a hand written sharpie mark on the ECM cover though saying "APR A box" so one would assume it's an APR ECM/flash.

Boot mode/Galette/ross tech in dumb mode and I'll be all good to flash a base file from the tuning section, right? my ecm is a 8D0 807 551 A btw, planning on using the base file found here (i have piggie pipes, 3" neuspeed exhaust, FMIC, 044 pump, 630cc inj and hitachi maf/85mm housing):

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=636.0title=

I appreciate your help, thanks again!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: